• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ196

williamtcox

Well guys I got into 197 as SNA so its been real with you 196'ers.

Cox Out

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I have some good news. So it seems that there is alot of open ground spots for 196 that have not been filled yet. My OSO seeing this started calling higher ups to see if he could push me up into one of those spots. After a long battle with other OSO's complaining and what have you he succeeded. So I was going in Jan. but now I am going 196 next week.

In short, I cannot wait to see all of you guys there. However how am I going to find you. For example, am I just going to walk up at random to each person and say, "Hi, are you Conaway, DocHoliday, Trev82 or Ground and Pound?" I wonder if I would get some weird looks?

Travis Cox

Conaway

Hello Ladies and Gents,

I have some good news. So it seems that there is alot of open ground spots for 196 that have not been filled yet. My OSO seeing this started calling higher ups to see if he could push me up into one of those spots. After a long battle with other OSO's complaining and what have you he succeeded. So I was going in Jan. but now I am going 196 next week.

In short, I cannot wait to see all of you guys there. However how am I going to find you. For example, am I just going to walk up at random to each person and say, "Hi, are you Conaway, DocHoliday, Trev82 or Ground and Pound?" I wonder if I would get some weird looks?

Travis Cox

Sick man. Well, actually you could ask, are you Conaway, since that's my last name. But I'm pretty sure if you asked someone if they were Trev82, that they would look at you like everyone looked JP in Grandma's Boy. "Dude, you're f^%&ing wierd!"

Anyway...facebook is the place man. That's how I'm going to recognize people, or just wait and figure it out. Congrats! 9 days to go and I'm getting way too nervous!

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Hello Ladies and Gents,

Travis Cox

Join the 196 Facebook group, that way you can put a name to the faces.

10 days boys.

Trev82

pilot
I'm pretty sure you clearly said in your thread but did you give up your pilot contract 197 for ground 196? Either way i applaud your persistance in getting over there earlier, get er' done!

jwoger

Go Fasters?

Hello Everyone. I will also be attending OCC 196. Got selected for AIR. I'm curious as to what exactly are Go Fasters? I would appreciate a link. Thanks.

docholiday

Running shoes, but I suggest you do some research before posting because there are alot of thread police just waiting to rip somebody a new arse.

bradler

Everyone is talking about starting... I still have to do my flight physical this Sunday... I hope I don't get NAMI whammed. But I a pumped... Anyone going to Pensacola this Sunday for flight physical?

OCSCAND

Radler, what time you get into Pensacola? I gotta fly from San Diego, so I don't get in until about 15:00 on Sunday. You taking pt gear and what not?

mac1533

I just got NAMI whammed yesterday morning but I had some weird stuff going on in my ears that I didn't even know about, you should be fine. I'm now going to 196 as a ground contract. Good luck down there.

bradler

I get into Pensacola at 13:35... I am taking basically the khakis I am wearing 3 polos, and then some pt shorts and tshirts and shoe. I was told you don't need much.

docholiday

Assuming everything goes well with your physicals you may be able to fly home earlier than expected. Us that went this past weekend were done by Tuesday morning and caught early flights home. Take your laptop or something entertaining cause it can get boring in the barracks. You just need your PT gear to wear under your clothes when you do anthros, unless you want to PT when your down there. Good luck