• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ196

Trev82

pilot
A while back i purchased some belleville icb's hot weather 10.5 even though i normally wear 11.5. Initially i got 11's but they were too big so i went down another half size and now their fine, and i've steadily been breaking them in. However i ordered some sorbethane insoles to help during the humps while i'm in VA, and today i took them out for a test run in the boots up a pretty steep hill in san diego (cowles mtn (mission trails)). Well with the insoles in,cotton socks (haven't gotten my fox rivers yet) i probably made it half way up and the whole way down my heel and both pinky toes were just fubar'd, i can tell i had friction the whole time and i eventually got a blister, which eventually ripped. What i'm wondering is if i should even take the insoles to ocs and maybe when i get issued boots ask for 11's and put the insoles in those and use my boots that i have now for inspections. Or if i should continue training in these boots with insoles and see if i can calice my skin up and break my boots in even more....any suggestions?

Conaway

This is what that was, Conway. The top half says you have a X month commitment for fixed wing. The bottom says Y for helos.

I gotta say that just the idea of getting helos or fixed at contracting is a little absurd in the system that is in place. Think about it.

Ya, my bad.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
A while back i purchased some belleville icb's hot weather 10.5 even though i normally wear 11.5. Initially i got 11's but they were too big so i went down another half size and now their fine, and i've steadily been breaking them in. However i ordered some sorbethane insoles to help during the humps while i'm in VA, and today i took them out for a test run in the boots up a pretty steep hill in san diego (cowles mtn (mission trails)). Well with the insoles in,cotton socks (haven't gotten my fox rivers yet) i probably made it half way up and the whole way down my heel and both pinky toes were just fubar'd, i can tell i had friction the whole time and i eventually got a blister, which eventually ripped. What i'm wondering is if i should even take the insoles to ocs and maybe when i get issued boots ask for 11's and put the insoles in those and use my boots that i have now for inspections. Or if i should continue training in these boots with insoles and see if i can calice my skin up and break my boots in even more....any suggestions?

I kinda had the same problem going in. The lites that I ordered were ordered in 11.5. I normally wear a 12 but the 11.5 fit right. At ocs, they will make you try your boots on with the boot socks on. Ask for whatever size you think would be the best and if they dont fit right, go back up to the table and swap them out. But you'd better be quick as hell if you want to pull that off :D

Trev82

pilot
Conaway congrats, hey your fon acebook right, a member of the occ-196 group? For anyone who is heading to 196, applying, or interested join the group its free and there are a lot of discussions.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Conaway congrats, hey your fon acebook right, a member of the occ-196 group? For anyone who is heading to 196, applying, or interested join the group its free and there are a lot of discussions.

Speaking of that... Does anyone know if the rumor is true that the date has been moved up again to 12SEP?

And congratulations Conaway, I look forward to meeting you and everyone else in just under 7 weeks.

Indeejordan

There are groups for 197 and 198 as well for people applying for those.

Trev82

pilot
cunningham

I have definitely NOT heard the 12th of Sept although i have heard the 21st of sept....jeez if its the 12th....eh guess it doesn't make a difference.

bradler

I don't think it is 12th, all i have heard is the 21st.

Trevor, where are you ordering your boots?

But keep it up guys and looking forward to meeting everyone in Sept.

Oooorah

Trev82

pilot
i got my boots a little while back http://www.quanticoboot.com i got icb belleville's and removed the provided insole and put in my sorbethane ones. I've been running trails and doing a little running on pavement 1.5 at most, and they're breaking in nicely. I'll be using those in OCS for humps and using the ones they provide for inspection. I'm hoping i can score a pair of bates lites during issue so i can use those for running.

Ground&Pound

My OSO told me that it looks like they will be adding more slots for OCC 196. He said because the Marines are growing that this will continue for each board from now until they reach their goal of 200,000. Anyone heard about the new slots? He also said their is a new colonel and he was going to change the training philosophy a little at OCS.