• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ196

Conaway

Just got word from my OSO this evening that I was selected for 196. 288 PFT and 8/8/8 ASTB. Let the drinking commence...or at least somewhat as I've got to PT and then get to work in the morning. Thanks for everyone that's given gouge and good luck to those still waiting to hear.

Nice job! I'm still waiting on my ASTB scores. I have a 276 PFT, 19/100/21:55(it's really a 281 cause I did all 20 pull ups, but didn't come back down to a dead hang. I was pissed!). What do you guys think about my PFT score? Is it good for OCC? Good for Air? Average?

Conaway

I am applying for AIR 196 out of Houston and was wondering what offices are you guys or gals out of ? Have you heard anything about the availability of AIR slots (ie few and far between or a fair number of them out there) ? Also does anyone know if the boards will be doing any preselect for 197?

I've heard very few from my MGySgt, but my OSO called me today and said he's hearing that a bunch of slots have opened up. Honestly, I have no clue!

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
Nice job! I'm still waiting on my ASTB scores. I have a 276 PFT, 19/100/21:55(it's really a 281 cause I did all 20 pull ups, but didn't come back down to a dead hang. I was pissed!). What do you guys think about my PFT score? Is it good for OCC? Good for Air? Average?

PFT is solid from what I've seen. Not something that will set you apart, but not something that will keep you from being selected either. Apparently anything 280+ has been said to be competitive for OCC so I think you're right on the cusp. I hear the boards pay particular attention to the run however so keep that in mind because it looks to be your weakness... one in which I share!

Conaway

PFT is solid from what I've seen. Not something that will set you apart, but not something that will keep you from being selected either. Apparently anything 280+ has been said to be competitive for OCC so I think you're right on the cusp. I hear the boards pay particular attention to the run however so keep that in mind because it looks to be your weakness... one in which I share!

I've heard the same about the run. My OSO told me I did good, but to still work on it.

Conaway

I stand corrected about my PFT. They must have given me the 20th pull up because I looked it up on the points and 20/100/21:55 is a 276. I'm pleasantly confused. Haha.

docholiday

Just got word from my OSO this evening that I was selected for 196. 288 PFT and 8/8/8 ASTB. Let the drinking commence...or at least somewhat as I've got to PT and then get to work in the morning. Thanks for everyone that's given gouge and good luck to those still waiting to hear.

Thats great, did a board already meet. I have been going back and forth with different people about when the board was supposed to meet. I have heard several different dates including August 3, 21-23, and 27. So I don't know what to believe. Any info to clear this up would be great.

Conaway

Thats great, did a board already meet. I have been going back and forth with different people about when the board was supposed to meet. I have heard several different dates including August 3, 21-23, and 27. So I don't know what to believe. Any info to clear this up would be great.

You're not alone. I've heard 5 Aug now. However, my OSO directly told me today that there is a board meeting next week, which would leave it to be 3 Aug. I've heard rumor that the board is meeting every two weeks now. Again, probably a rumor. I'm sure there's more than one board next month...there almost has to be, the FY is almost up.

docholiday

You're not alone. I've heard 5 Aug now. However, my OSO directly told me today that there is a board meeting next week, which would leave it to be 3 Aug. I've heard rumor that the board is meeting every two weeks now. Again, probably a rumor. I'm sure there's more than one board next month...there almost has to be, the FY is almost up.

I am working out of the Austin, TX OSO and they are saying the 23rd of August. I called the Georgia OSO and they said the 27th and I also called the Chicago OSO and they said the 21st through the 23rd. But I did also here about the boards meeting every two weeks also, so I guess I'll just hurry up and wait till I get word.:confused:

MettGT

pilot

I have no clue about the boards...my package has been at district for a while and my OSO has been up in Quantico for the past month, so I don't know what's going on behind the scenes.

usmarinemike

Solidly part of the 42%.
pilot
Contributor
OK tell me what ya'll think, maybe there are different boards for the different area or divisions???????

No, all the OSO's are just FUBAR. Just like when they were all running around like idiots telling you that OCC 196 DID/DIDN'T get moved up. I'm glad I'm not messing with those guys. Seems kinda fly by night around there.

Conaway

I'm nervous just like anyone waiting to hear the word. My entire package is in now and I want to get some opinions about it.

PFT - 276 = 20/100/21:55
ASTB - 5/6/5
ASVAB - 79
Degree - BBA in Management
Overall GPA - 2.55
Major GPA - 3.6
PIQ's - employer/friend, high school youth minister, former dean/professor, professor/former Marine MAJ, high school ROTC instructor Ret. AF COL, professor USMCR LTCOL, USMCR Ret. BGEN

Good luck to everyone else!

jdnew

I just got word from my OSO (Kansas City) that OCC 196 will start Sept 23. Thanks to you guys that have been saying this for a while, I wasn't caught off guard and have been planning for it. Again, thanks.

bradler

I was selected for 196, I am blown away. I was selected with my contracting PFT 255... WTF. Anyway so for all of you gouger's out there looking for a solution, sometimes things can happen. I applied with ASTB 6/7/7, 255 PFT and solid LOR's. So just take your chances and you will get it if you want it. Good luck to all who have made it and those still waiting. Congrats.

MettGT

pilot
I was selected for 196, I am blown away. I was selected with my contracting PFT 255... WTF. Anyway so for all of you gouger's out there looking for a solution, sometimes things can happen. I applied with ASTB 6/7/7, 255 PFT and solid LOR's. So just take your chances and you will get it if you want it. Good luck to all who have made it and those still waiting. Congrats.

Exactly...the worst that can happen is that they'll tell you no, and you'll have to reapply. Apply early and often, as the saying goes.