• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ 193

kanakAttack

how much for the ape?
Hey all,

I think I might be in for 193. I was in the office today and asked about the board and the processor said that the boards were all done and they were just waiting for the General to sign off on them before they gave out the notices and as she said this the S.Sgt. gave me the A-OK signal. Now that I think about it my name moved on their dry-erase board into a new column under OCC 193. Do they have knowledge of which of their applicants are on the list for the General to sign off on? Or am I just reaching here? We'll see...

Stats...
ASTB: 7/7/7 62
Grad 06/06 UC Irvine B.S. Information and Computer Science
GPA 3.4
PFT: 300
Applying Air

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
kanakAttack said:
Hey all,

I think I might be in for 193. I was in the office today and asked about the board and the processor said that the boards were all done and they were just waiting for the General to sign off on them before they gave out the notices and as she said this the S.Sgt. gave me the A-OK signal. Now that I think about it my name moved on their dry-erase board into a new column under OCC 193. Do they have knowledge of which of their applicants are on the list for the General to sign off on? Or am I just reaching here? We'll see...

Stats...
GPA 3.4
Applying Air

Yes, they know who the General needs to sign off on...besides seriously with a 300 PFT there is little doubt...

kanakAttack

how much for the ape?
Well, I hope you're right! I've been worried that my age would work against me since I'm right at the threshold of the limit.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
kanakAttack said:
Well, I hope you're right! I've been worried that my age would work against me since I'm right at the threshold of the limit.

I know others who are just as old who got in with less than 300 PFT...anyway...congrats if it turns out.

NookyBooky04

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
kanakAttack said:
Hey all,

Stats...
GPA 3.4
Applying Air

My OSO's office told me the same thing yesterday (Monday 4/17). Hopefully this turns out to be good news.

Good luck all.

holloway

Selected SNA OCC 193.
PFT: 274
ASTB: 8/8/8
Degrees: S.B. Math (MIT 2003), S.B. Elec. Eng. (MIT 2003), M.S. Elec. Eng. & Comp. Sci. (MIT 2004), currently pursuing Ph.D Elec. Eng. (MIT)
GPA: 4.8/5.0

-JW

kanakAttack

how much for the ape?
holloway said:
If you've already had a cycloplegic exam, bring your paperwork so they won't have to dilate your eyes again during the physical. Nothing is more aggravating than trying to fill out all those forms when you can't focus on anything.

-JW

Thanks for the tip. I've only done the cyclo once but my vision was jacked for 2 days and I had to wear sunglasses for another day after that because my eyes were still sensitive to light. When I went in for the exam the eye doc said my eyes would be back to normal in 24 hours, so 2 days later I was getting stressed that they did something that was going to permanently damage my vision. I definitely don't want to do that again unnecessarily.

NookyBooky04

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
I'm still waiting to hear back on the selection results, my stats are:

B.A. Economics, Minor in Poli Sci, University of California San Diego, 3.15 GPA

ASTB: 7/8/8 62(I think)

PFT: 18 pull Ups
100 sit ups
chitty run time (around 25 min)

Private pilot's lisence, about 100TT

No Medical or criminal problems

LOR's from: 2 of my primary flight instructors, my aerobatic flight instructor, three of my martial arts instructors (now my co-instructors), two proffesors, and a retired senior airline captain, and an employer.

My run time makes me sick. In my opinion, it's a major chit stain on my package and my biggest weakness (obviously).

Spartan79

Awaiting Signature and Stats

I am ecstatic to hear that the board has recommended me for OCC 193 (NFO contract)! I'm still awaiting the General's John Hancock on my package....

Here are my stats:

ASTB: 7/7/9
PFT: 298
Education: BS Mathematics (Psych minor); MS Actuarial Science
Current Occupation: High School Teacher/ Basketball, Softball, and Offseason Coach

NookyBooky04

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
Spartan79 said:
I am ecstatic to hear that the board has recommended me for OCC 193 (NFO contract)! I'm still awaiting the General's John Hancock on my package....

Here are my stats:

ASTB: 7/7/9
PFT: 298
Education: BS Mathematics (Psych minor); MS Actuarial Science
Current Occupation: High School Teacher/ Basketball, Softball, and Offseason Coach

WTF, with those stats, why aren't you going for SNA?

Spartan79

Why not SNA?

Thanks for the indirect compliment!

First of all, my primary postition will be Marine Officer......period.

On MOS, honestly, believe it or not, personal preference is the driving force....fast paced, challenging work that utilizes my skill sets. My photo might as well be posted with the job description!

Good thing, too, since I burned the ol' retinas in graduate school! My vision is not terrible, but not perfect either. I'm correctable to 20/20 and have had much success with contact lenses. So, being an NFO still gives me the airtime and speed.

To put it concisely, I am truly more interested in becoming an NFO.

Hope that all goes well with your selection process!!!!

Crowbar

None
NookyBooky04 said:
WTF, with those stats, why aren't you going for SNA?

I'm always baffled that people act like NFOs are the scourge of the earth.

An NFO as seen through the eyes of a SNA or ground contract:

SteveHatesCans.jpg