• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ 193

NookyBooky04

Beach Bum Extraordinaire
It was meant as a compliment, although I can see why it came off as an stupid comment. I seem to have developed tunnel vision and OCD while waiting to hear about my air contract, and I obviously was oblivious to the fact that an air contract is not what everyone else is losing sleep over at night.

Congrats, and good luck!

Spartan79 said:
Thanks for the indirect compliment!

First of all, my primary postition will be Marine Officer......period.

On MOS, honestly, believe it or not, personal preference is the driving force....fast paced, challenging work that utilizes my skill sets. My photo might as well be posted with the job description!

Good thing, too, since I burned the ol' retinas in graduate school! My vision is not terrible, but not perfect either. I'm correctable to 20/20 and have had much success with contact lenses. So, being an NFO still gives me the airtime and speed.

To put it concisely, I am truly more interested in becoming an NFO.

Hope that all goes well with your selection process!!!!

ASUSunDevil

I just got done with OCC191 last month. If anyone has questions feel free to ask, I will check back as much as often. It gets pretty boring here at TBS sometimes. I got some bad gouge before going to OCS and don't want that to happen to my soon-to-be fellow Lieutenants. S/F

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
ASUSunDevil said:
I just got done with OCC191 last month. If anyone has questions feel free to ask, I will check back as much as often. It gets pretty boring here at TBS sometimes. I got some bad gouge before going to OCS and don't want that to happen to my soon-to-be fellow Lieutenants. S/F

Thanks, sir. What was the bad gouge, may I ask? And what did you find relevant to the cold? (Since most of the gouge here is for the summer guys).

ASUSunDevil

I got a lot of bad word on what to bring and how to prepare. You don't want to bring much when it comes to hygiene, just what's necessary to get you through the first few days. They MAKE you buy everything you will need. If you already have it, you buy it anyway. Whatever you don't have you can buy at the exchange during week 1.
Bringing broken-in boots is not really necessary but I would HIGHLY recommend you buy Bates Lites and bring them with you. You really don't run that much in boots but they will definitely help. All the long distance running is in go-fasters until about half way through when you start runnung the E-Course, CRT, etc. in boots & utes. You don't really need to run a lot in boots before you go but running in hills will definitely help. The weight of the boots is the only thing that makes it harder but the Lites help to aleviate that.
Bring a 1/2" name stamp. Bring Sharpie Rub-a-Dub markers. Those two things will save you hours of sleep.
We got lucky and had a very mild winter. They issue you gortex and you have sweats so the cold isn't too bad. They let us wear Underarmour but not when we would PT or hump because they didn't want us to overheat so it was really pointless because it only works when you are sweating.
Bring as many civvies as you can. I only had 2 sets and regretted it once we got libo. You store all your civilian gear so it doesn't matter how much you bring. If you have a chance to bring your car definitely do. My OSO told me not to and i wish I had it every time we got libo. Plus you can store all your 'trash' in it.
That's about all I can recommend without giving too much away. The rest you'll have to figure out when you get there. Any other questions?

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Where does one find a 1/2 " name stamp at? Also any certian font style for the stamp?

Shane01

How are all of you guys already hearing back on your acceptance to OCC 193? I thought the board doesn't meet until this August to decide? My packet isn't even complete (should be complete shortly though). I'm worried my OSO is letting me apply too late. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Shane01 said:
How are all of you guys already hearing back on your acceptance to OCC 193? I thought the board doesn't meet until this August to decide? My packet isn't even complete (should be complete shortly though). I'm worried my OSO is letting me apply too late. Does anyone have any thoughts on this?

It's from the April board for 192; apps were due the first week of April. Common practice is to preselect a number of slots early for the next class. They'll save a part of their seats for the August board, no worries.

openbah

I'm not lazy, I'm disabled.
JZAB said:
Where does one find a 1/2 " name stamp at? Also any certian font style for the stamp?
You can get the stamp made at OfficeMax or Staples. It'll cost less than $20. The font really doesn't matter, just make sure the letters are all capitals and are 1/2" high. Something like Arial or Arial Condensed will work well.

Lonestar

Got the news today.
OCC 193 Air
23 y/o male
Baylor University, BBA - Management
GPA: 2.62
PFT: 278
ASTB: 6/7/7

zuggerat

Repost:

zuggerat said:
AWESOME PFT Program
Looky here children ---

http://rapidshare.de/files/19391790/OCS_Training.xls.html

Don't thank me, thank scarfacekracker (Sgt., if everyone wants to be appropriate)... enjoy everyone --- ill repost in the OCC 193 thread also.

For those of you who have never used rapidshare before scoll all the way down to the bottom of the page and click free -- this will take you to a new page with a timer, once all the time has elapsed then you will be faced with a screen with a combination of three letters and numbers, retype this combination in the box provided and click "download in mirror 'X'" this will give you a pop-up prompt for the download in either .bin or .zip form.

EDIT -- Link fixed as I am retarded

kcpike11

I got accepted a few weeks ago with an NFO contract. I am looking forward to seeing you all there.
Current PFT
p/u - 17
crunches - 100
Run 21:32
ASTB 6/7/8
Univ of CA San Diego
Political Science