• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ 193

zag

I thought 193 board met in Aug. How is it filling up now? Is there a chance it will be out of slots by Aug?

knigry01

OCC 193...SNFO
Hey fellas, found out this morning that I've also been selected for OCC 193 air contract, NFO. See you all down at Q-town. Also anybody heading to Pensacola May 1-6th for flight physical? What exactly we do down there for five days?

maineiac515

OCC 193
I have not been informed as to how the whole flight physical thing works, 5 days though thats a while to spend down there. Though 5 days wouldbe a nice break from Boston, and the depression brought on by the Red Sox.

I do think the board meets in Aug. again for 193, but I was told from the get go that April was a dual date for 192 and 193, sorry I can't be of more help.

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
April is supposed to be the board for 192; they tend to pre-select some of the slots early.

I got my flight physical done last month at Willow Grove, it was an 8 hour deal for me (1 hr drive away). I think the pensacola trip is a three day thing, last I heard; medical only took a few hours and was basically MEPS but more in depth. I thought you had to have a flight physical before getting selected, though.

knigry01

OCC 193...SNFO
Apparently not if it doesn't fit into the schedule. I was only told today that i have to head down to pensacola the 1st of May for the flight physical. Kinda short notice to get off of work, but getting it taken care of. I was told five days....so not really sure what we're going to be doing.

holloway

If you've already had a cycloplegic exam, bring your paperwork so they won't have to dilate your eyes again during the physical. Nothing is more aggravating than trying to fill out all those forms when you can't focus on anything.

-JW

scarfacekracker

Flight Physical

Will I have to do another flight physical prior to going to OCS if I have a current flight physical from being aircrew?

zuggerat

scarfacekracker said:
Will I have to do another flight physical prior to going to OCS if I have a current flight physical from being aircrew?

how long ago did u get it? ....by the way is this thread in the right section?

Tara

VT-6 student
I just got the call today - selected for OCC 193 (Air). Congrats to everyone, good luck at the flight physical, and see you in the fall!

Tara

VT-6 student
age 26, female
BS in biology, Bates College, GPA 3.6
PhD in biological oceanography (in progress), Memorial University of Newfoundland, GPA 4.0
ASTB: 67, 8/8/8
PFT: 262
accepted OCC 193 Air

You can check the stats thread under the "Paths to a Commission" in the Navy section, too - there are some Marine application stats there.