• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ 193

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
Nah its deducted out of the pay that you havent received at that point
Huh. We were told in inprocessing to gather up 6.50 each from the platoon to pay for the initial haircut. This was, of course, 189.

Damn, that's lame.
Question. What would you say was the most difficult part of OCS for you?

Not graduating. Everything else is temporary; that will haunt you until you rectify it, which for me has been 14 months and counting.

And zugg, you're just chomping at the bit, aren't you?

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Maybe we did pay for it with cash. Dont really remember anymore. and its up to $7 now. Second the not graduating part. It came real real close for me during week 6. thankfully they never took that second x-ray or I probably would have been on my way out. Good luck to the -193 guys. Eat some nice big dinners while you still can!

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
Come on B!tches, 10 more days until we leave and no one is posting on this thread. Lets get motivated future aviators!

knigry01

OCC 193...SNFO
quick question for all the guys/gals driving into q-town who may be in the know...what is the traffic like friday afternoon in that area? i'm staying with a buddy down in portsmouth friday and saturday night and want to know how much time to give myself to get from there to q-town on sunday.
thanks,
knight

maineiac515

OCC 193
Everyone ready to go insane! I plan on having fun down there! (if possible)
This will be the hardest and probably best 10 weeks of our lives.

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
I plan on having a hell of a lot of fun. What could be better than getting paid to have your own personal trainers pushing you physically for 10 weeks?

Yeah boot camp sucked, but it was a lot of fun, especially after the first few weeks and you can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Or libo at the end of the week for OCCers.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
I plan on having a hell of a lot of fun. What could be better than getting paid to have your own personal trainers pushing you physically for 10 weeks?

Yeah boot camp sucked, but it was a lot of fun, especially after the first few weeks and you can start to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Or libo at the end of the week for OCCers.

You can think that now, and understand you will have a different perspective than those of us who had no prior service going into it, but you will see a great deal of stupidity...seriously OCS is more a mental challenge than physical...I saw MANY priors in my platoon get VERY frustrated on a daily basis and many others just up and quite because they couldn't handle it...

There will be very little light till the last two weeks...

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
I hear it's more mental than physical form some people, then I hear it's more physical than anything from others. I guess it might depend on what your strenghts are? Personally I think my running will be my weakpoint. I'm confident I can handle anything else without undue fanfare...

maineiac515

OCC 193
I hear it's more mental than physical form some people, then I hear it's more physical than anything from others. I guess it might depend on what your strenghts are? Personally I think my running will be my weakpoint. I'm confident I can handle anything else without undue fanfare...

Just go with the flow man, that's my plan. Keep your wits about you and don't slack off. See you there

Mustang83

Professional back-seat driver
None
If it's still the same as a couple of years ago, the first paycheck comes right before first libo (end of 3rd week)

Wagner83

Quick question. A buddy of mine was telling me that you have to earn your libo. is that true? and secondly, my oso never told me how long libo even was.
Rather than that, thousands have gone through OCC that were probably in the same mindset as the rest of us, just give it hell, that's all you can do.