• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ 193

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
The morning routine was pretty much get up and get on line within 10 seconds. Then get dressed in the next 20 seconds. Then fix racks and shoe displays for about 15 seconds and then sweep the floor with our damn scuzz brushes for about 10 seconds. so I would highly reccommend staying on top of the rack at night. Or you can sleep under, but get up early and make it and just sleep on top for the last few minutes before lights.

maineiac515

OCC 193
From what I gather, I would say that nobody is ready. :icon_smil

I don't know if thats true, I feel ready to take it on, I am prepared to not know what the hell is going and to take things as they come, it takes a lot to stress me out and work me up so we shall see I think.

Slammer2

Contributor
At this point all you can do is wait. It sucks but theres nothing more you can do. Just enjoy your last few days and try to wait it out in peace. Sleep a lot, stay strecthed and limber and some mild PT - dont hurt yourself, enjoy all your meals...thats about it. You're gonna have a good time there. Its gonna suck but you'll enjoy things after they are finished, you just probably wont realize it until a lot later. Its been said a hundred times on here - DONT QUIT. Whatever happens, dont quit. The place is designed to make you fail at stupid things. Just get your rest while you still can!!

Wagner83

As far as knowledge going in, what would you say is the best to memorize. I hear all 11 general order, m16A2 service rifle, and some of the glossary terms. Anybody know what else?

Slammer2

Contributor
ranks (names and what they look like), general orders, learn as much as you can about the m-16 and a bunch of other stuff too if you want. Its just that the general orders will probably take up the most time to memorize out of everything so get a head start on them. And the ranks you'll want to know because you're gonna want to properly address the person who is about to rip you a new one. Aside from the inprocessing staff, you are gonna get screwed with for calling someone by the wrong rank. Also on your GMS1 exam, there are some questions about ranks and it will save study time.

As far as studying and preparation goes, you'll hear a bunch of crap from people about how you dont really need to study for things and you dont need to prepare as much...I would say the best thing is to be as prepared as possible. Plan on studying everyting you learn. Once you get there and get into the pattern of things, back off on some of the stuff that you think you dont need to study/practice as much. Its all on you and everyones different.

zuggerat

ranks (names and what they look like), general orders, learn as much as you can about the m-16 and a bunch of other stuff too if you want. Its just that the general orders will probably take up the most time to memorize out of everything so get a head start on them. And the ranks you'll want to know because you're gonna want to properly address the person who is about to rip you a new one. Aside from the inprocessing staff, you are gonna get screwed with for calling someone by the wrong rank. Also on your GMS1 exam, there are some questions about ranks and it will save study time.

As far as studying and preparation goes, you'll hear a bunch of crap from people about how you dont really need to study for things and you dont need to prepare as much...I would say the best thing is to be as prepared as possible. Plan on studying everyting you learn. Once you get there and get into the pattern of things, back off on some of the stuff that you think you dont need to study/practice as much. Its all on you and everyones different.

Ive been reading over this stuff alot because when a 230 lb. gysgt is about to gouge out my eyes and skull fvck me my brain will turn into this

pn005870.jpg

regs, regs, regs