• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ 193

knigry01

OCC 193...SNFO
ahhhh....i'm still bartending for awhile to kill time....side note...any of you guys bringing cars to ocs/know what all we need as far as insurance/registration/license...anything i missed.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
fyi for those taking cars down...during liberty, they inspect cars before you're allowed to take them and leave (not every time, just at first). They check out stuff like making sure that your turn signals work and all your lights and all that hoohah. But they also make you have this safety kit. They werent too specific on it. Just some box with band aids and stuff like that. they dont make you have it that first time. But you have to go out and buy the stuff that first week or you cant take your car out until they inspect it. Just a little heads up...

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
Whats up?

Still waiting to hear on my age waiver for OCC 193. I'm trying to get an NFO contract. Hope to hear by tomorrow.

For the name stamp: is it just last name or last name, inititals?

zuggerat

Still waiting to hear on my age waiver for OCC 193. I'm trying to get an NFO contract. Hope to hear by tomorrow.

For the name stamp: is it just last name or last name, inititals?

I'm not sure, Slammer didn't you tell us it was kind of silly to bring name stamps because of the font differences from the stencil kit they make you buy down there?

Slammer2

Contributor
They give you (read make you buy) that little stamping kit in the yellow box made by the Officer's Equipment Company. But they also gave us a 1" and 1/2" stencil that we used for most of our stuff. I wouldnt reccommend going crazy marking stuff before you ship because they give you a rediculous amount of time to do so in the first few days, and if its something totally different than the font of stencil you brought, then they might make you redo things which sucks. I would say go ahead and mark all your junk that you bring like foot powder and crap like that. Best way is put a piece of that white tape around it and stencil your last name on it. (1" tape with 1/2" letters). That way its really easy to see what stuff is yours after you get gang raped during pickup. I would hold off on more permanent stuff like marking shirts and stuff (if you already bought some) until you get there so that they arent f'd up.

Slammer2

Contributor
one more thing - if you want to bring a stamp kit to mark all your white tapes that you put on your rifle, 782 gear, etc. then thats ok and would actually save a lot of time. Didnt really read this whole thread, but if you're talking about marking clothing and stuff I'd hold off.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Man, it's like, a bit over two weeks out. I keep alternating between "I'm pumped, bring it on!" and "Holy crap, this is nuts."

Slammer2

Contributor
the "holy crap" didnt hit me until i crossed the tracks on the bus and saw the O-course and all that trash in the background. (Make sure you take a nice good look at that big bridge over your head when your pulling in.) It didnt even bother me at the airport when they were f-ing with us.

zuggerat

Man, it's like, a bit over two weeks out. I keep alternating between "I'm pumped, bring it on!" and "Holy crap, this is nuts."

I know exactly how you feel, I was reading through some old candidate regs and I started realizing how much crap we gotta know in absolutely zero time.:eek:

maineiac515

OCC 193

I am in the same boat, but this program has been completed by people before, it's do-able. My plan is to take it as it comes (read: make it up as I go along)

Just stay focused in these last two weeks

zuggerat

I am in the same boat, but this program has been completed by people before, it's do-able. My plan is to take it as it comes (read: make it up as I go along)

Just stay focused in these last two weeks

I'm just glad AW is back, I was bored to death while it was down... This place is addictive.