• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCC 190 acceptance (merged)

aviatorMatt

I just found out, 190 here I come...I'll see you guys there.... This feeling is definately undescribeable(sp?).....wow......what a great day...

s/f
Matt

Crowbar

None
jamnww said:
This might be better handled by a PM...Its a bad idea to go around posting names, ranks, phone numbers for officers on here...just my opinion.

Finally, somebody's catching on. Yes, use PMs for this. Just remember that the whole opsec/infosec thing applies to everybody, not just officers...

spec05v

Waiting...
For those of you who have been to OCS... Has there been a "second" board recently? Is it possible for all the Pilot slots to fill up before the "second" board?

Blip

This might be better handled by a PM...Its a bad idea to go around posting names, ranks, phone numbers for officers on here...just my opinion.

My bad, steps taken to clear it up.

Justin

Crowbar

None
jamnww said:
Best of luck Monkey, we had more than a few priors who couldn't hack it...

Yes, and I went through TBS with a bunch of non-priors who were such morons they could **** up a junkyard. Must we start this prior/non-prior crap again?

Texan

Why enemy pilots dont sleep well
In for Pilot OCS 191

Just got the news... still on cloud 9.

Male, 26
9/9/9
261 PFT (yeah, lousy, but I'll get it up before I ship in January)

Now I've gotta figure out how I tell my bosses that I'm leaving the R&D world to actually go fly what I've been building (or something close to it).

-Texan

PS... I F*N HATE COLD WEATHER. guess I'll have to put on some lbs / fat for insulation when I move from sunny, warm (ok, HOT) Texas to cold, rainy VA.

MikeG

UH-1Y pilot
E6286 said:
So is that basically how it is going? Pilots are automatically 191 and not 190?

I know that's not the case for the east and midwest regions, but at least in the 12th MCD that seems to be the word. Who knows. I'm just happy to be going, even if it is 3 months later.

Texan

Why enemy pilots dont sleep well
My OSO told me that all but one pilot slot were put in 191. Not quite sure why they would keep 1 spot in 190 with the rest in the 191 class. (again, take OSO quotes as playing the game of telephone in elementary school - never take it as gospel)

Anyone know how many pilot slots were given?

BILLDO

Liable to get caught on a trip wire...
If it's the truth, the reason they put all but 1 slot in 191 is because right now, IFS, API, is pretty backed up. They need to cut the flow of SNA's and SNFO's coming to Florida for....I'd say...4 months maybe? And this...all before any Charlie Company TBS'ers join the pool. Once that happens, I'd say 6 months would be good, and maybe that's what they're thinking. Waiting for 3 months in the pool for API to start would suck, so guess they're fixing it.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
Wait in the pool for API is really getting long but cutting the gap at OCS in Oct isn't going to make an immediate impact...maybe about a year from now but if things are still flooded in a year then there might be a problem down the road...

Trev82

pilot
is there anyone out there that was selected from the west coast. I heard from the ssgt in my RS office that there were slim pickings for an air slot. Anyone hear of anything like this????