• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ 188 Who's Going!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greaper007

You're entering a world of pain
I'm the only canidate going air from the Kent Ohio office. I'm doing well except for my pft. A few more pullups and I'll be good to go.

21:40 run
100 crunches
13 pullups (yeah I know it's ****ty)
243 overall. Up 20 points from 2 months ago.....I really hope I get in, being a college grad working as a laborer isn't doing it for me.

trongod46

pilot
i talked to my OSO today, Nov.3 and he was telling me that they will be needing a lot of ground positions and he wasnt sure if Id go AIR but was pretty sure Id get ground since I signed both contracts

trongod46

pilot
i almost have my ppl, i kinda ran out of money, i just need to get some more solo time and long x-country, i already finished the written, i dont think ill be able to finish by jan. if i get selected, it will help you some by not having to go IFS after TBS so that could save you a few weeks.

makoslim

Air candidate 188
Greaper007 said:
243 overall.
I don't want to discourage you at all, but that is the same PFT I submited for 187, and I wasn't accepted. Use this knowledge to push yourself and your PFT score! Pull ups are the money maker part of the PFT at 5 points each, so add some more! Hopefully Ill see ya at 188!

makoslim

Air candidate 188
Trongod, my OSO did the same for me. I wasn't accepted to AOC 187 with a better package than a gentleman out of my OSO who was accepted ground. Air was just too competitive, so this time they submitted me both.

Shadow9660

same here, submitted for both....figuring it's better to get a foot in the door on ground if need be, and then lateral transfer to pilot, than try to get in when they have a surplus of candidates again....

Greaper007

You're entering a world of pain
thanks for the advice mako. I know my score is weak, I'm busting ass to pull a few more out. I've heard that about 250 is the cut-off. Not that I want to be content with the minimum, I just need some sort of realistic goal.

horned frog

Guys, you're focused too much on the PFT. With proper training, anyone can get 275+. Mental toughness will be what separates the men from the boys at OCS. Spend time setting expectations and preparing for the variety of challenges we will face over the 10 week course. PT will most likely be one or two hours per day, except when we go on conditioning hikes, etc.. Prepare for the other 22-23 hours in the day when the staff will be up our a**es. Okay, I'm done ranting. Best of luck to everyone.

trongod46

pilot
i hope that by submitting both an air and ground package that they dont stiff me (us) with ground since we are willing to go that way, since this looks to be a heavy ground class compared to 187

makoslim

Air candidate 188
Im driving from Great Falls, MT. I have a small car (VW Golf), but if anyone along I-90 needs a ride, or anyone needs a ride on libo, I will have my car... If I get accepted that is ;)

makoslim

Air candidate 188
horned frog said:
Guys, you're focused too much on the PFT. With proper training, anyone can get 275+. Mental toughness will be what separates the men from the boys at OCS. Spend time setting expectations and preparing for the variety of challenges we will face over the 10 week course. PT will most likely be one or two hours per day, except when we go on conditioning hikes, etc.. Prepare for the other 22-23 hours in the day when the staff will be up our a**es. Okay, I'm done ranting. Best of luck to everyone.
I was just wondering who said we were only thinking about the PFT? I was giving another applicant information about my first package. I've been studying my butt off memorizing things like the 5 paragraph order, 11 general orders, and naval ranks (they are all F'ed up). The rest of the class work is like a high school freshman level from what Ive heard, and you really don't need to study for it. I've also been using this forum to find out a little bit of what to expect from OCS graduates. Other than that, Im not going to prepare more, if I know everything that will happen there, how will I have an accurate guage of how I will react to new hig stress situations in war time. I figure if I can get through OCS without knowing everyhting that will happen to me, I will handle leading Marines durring a battle just fine.

TronGod, I here ya there, but I wouldn't mind that much if I got in ground. originally that is what I was looking at untill I found out I have the opportunity to fly. I would be happier in the air, but would be more than content on the ground.

Shadow9660

do I have my abbreviations wrong, or are you from Montana, Makoslim? If so, does your office even have 3 applicants to send...I would think the only other office with less applicants would be Wyoming or Idaho...

Shadow9660

Also, Is anyone else having trouble accessing marineocs.com lately? Just page errors when I try to get it...weird...

Status
Not open for further replies.