• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Occ 188 Who's Going!

Status
Not open for further replies.

trongod46

pilot
Well Im going out on a limb and trying to start a thread for the upcoming Jan. 05 OCC 188 class. So if you are a hopefull for this class this is the place to start firing those questions and rumors around.
Im attempting to apply for OCC 188 after some waivers didnt go through for 187 so lets see what happens.

trongod46

pilot
playing the waiting game does suck, but that is what it is, the whole process is one big waiting game really, i think that alone weeds out alot of applicants who fall through cracks and dont stay ontop of there applications and OSO's.

horned frog

I agree, it takes alot of discipline to get the application done in a timely manner. By the way, I think it might be a good idea to share a little info about ourselves. I'll start:

Stephen
24 years old
BBA from Texas Christian University
2.75 GPA
287 PFT
1170 SAT
Applying for a ground contract, would like to get into intelligence (not sure which specific area yet)

trongod46

pilot
Stats

well ill post some information on myself here to compare,
3.73 Embry-Riddle Aero. Univ
270pft
5/6 ATSB
85 Asvab
prior USMC Sgt. Aircrew on 46's 5 years

trongod46

pilot
hey outthere in hopefull land
anybody have any ideas on numbers for selectee's this board
i.e air, ground west coast east coast??/

horned frog

My understanding is that OCC 187 had an unusually high number of air slots as a percentage of the entire class. So, 188 will have a higher number of ground slots available. My OSO mentioned that the January class is the smallest of the year.

As an aside, my OSO (Dallas, TX) was missioned for 3 contracts for 187, so he sent in 7 application packages to ensure he met his mission. All 7 were selected, which came as a big surprise to the entire office. I only know this because I was sitting at his desk when someone from Quantico called to give him the news.

trongod46

pilot
well ive got some hot OSO news here, i just came from hanging out in the OSO's office all day, got some good news and heard some ok news, first 3 of my 4 waivers have gone through, and for the ok news he was on a confrence call with the california oso's, someone im not sure on the other end, they are asking for more ground applicants, saying they want to fill two battalions, not sure if that is just for 188 or throughout the next few, there were some air slots of course, and the other good news is that some of the oso's on the line were not making there mission and didnt even have any air applicants to send, so january seems to be a slow time for seniors. also said the board deadline got pushed back two weeks to try and come up with some more ground applicants, said the results should be out (west coast) Nov. 18 so four more weeks,

trongod46

pilot
well that is tenitively of course, but he said the board is the 16-18th so you should know by then, really could make or break your thanksgiving@!

trongod46

pilot
well it looks like only two guys so far for airslots for 188, well it does look more promising than i thought!! :icon_smil

horned frog

Actually, you're in better shape than that. I'm going for a ground slot! Just logging on here to help share info. Let me know if you hear anything.

trongod46

pilot
well, stevew, looks like we are the only two for jan aircontracts on airwarriors so far, well better for us.
anybody, anybody else out there?

Shadow9660

Here's my stats....

Hey guys, I've been looking at this site for a while but never registered till recently...Name's Chris...applying 188 AIR NFO (Qualify for pilot but going to get PRK when I'm in the military so they can flip the bill...then lateral transfer):

21 years old
B.A. Psychology - University of California Riverside

3.5 GPA

ASTB 5/6/6

PFT 278 (20/100/21:20...hoping to run one more time...track was wet..had to run the outside lane)

Eagle Scout (BSA)(plenty of volunteer work there), and Commandant of JROTC when I was in high school. Volunteer Tutor on the side

LOR : CHP Captain (of Internal Affairs SoCal)
Retired San Bernardino Sherrif Sergeant
Area Manager of my restaurant (I have worked there for 5 years now..getting anxious to leave :eek:

Finished Flight Physical yesterday...so far nothing seemed DQ except a problem I had at the depth perception part..but not relevent for NFO..and planning to take alternate test for it to switch to pilot. Trongod, did you take flight physical...how did it go?

Father is retired USMC MsGT.
I go the gym often and run every week. Trongod and and all you other 188 guys...what do you think of my chances...I know my ASTB isnt phenomenal....but should I take one more PFT?

Status
Not open for further replies.