• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

O4 List

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
He probably means we should get rid of below zone looks since they're so rarely used.

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
If your goal is to make O4, look at what the O4's in your fleet tour did. Not a lot of "gaming the system". If you pick something outside of "the path", it's at your own peril. I have several good friends who went VT's (Detailers: "It's highly valued! It's a production source!") who did not select.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"Competitive" jobs are fashions, and fashions change. What's great today may not be as great by the time a board is looking at your record, and vice-versa. I had a skipper who took orders to Fallon for his first shore job before E-2 guys went to Fallon. Everyone told him he was setting himself on fire, but he just wanted the camping opportunities. By the time he was up for screen, Fallon had become the "place to be" and he looked like a forward-thinker.

The FRS is always in fashion...nonflying, outside the community jobs very rarely. Everything else is in the middle. But Fester says, take the jobs you want, that you would find interesting, challenging, educational, whatever your goals are, and let the chips fall where they may. Plenty of guys have checked all the blocks in the correct order, bubbled in everything fully inside the lines with their #2 pencil, and still found themselves without a chair when the music stops...if I may mix my metaphors. Of course, Fester's just an asshole Reservist now, so feel free to disregard my wisdom.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is there a breakdown of how many were selected from each community within Naval Aviation?

2008 is the last year those statistics were provided. It is available here.

The NPC website has quite a bit of information for those who go looking for it. Not as much as they used too, but still a lot of info. A quick look showed me that:

For FY08-13, 1310 O-4 selection has been below the overall selection percentage every year with the exception of FY12.

For FY08-13, 1320 O-4 selection has been below the overall selection percentage in FY11 & FY 13 only.

For FY08-13, 1310 O-5 selection has been below the overall selection percentage every year with the exception of FY 08.

For FY08-13, 1320 O-5 selection has been below the overall selection percentage for all years.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Some feedback I recently received from my old XO is that the helo selection rate was even below the overall 1310 rate of 67%. For RW guys the selection rate was 56%. Anyone with a first tour MP was a non-select, regardless of shore tour performance. So, not only did overall selection drop from a historical 85 to 70, but individual community selection may be even lower than the overall 1310 selection.

Of course, now squorchs post about not being able to opt out from the ADHSB makes sense, since theyre making less O4s, they're going to increase the DH selection rate.

MasterBates

Yeah.. In the last couple days my PMs and FaceSpace have lit up with more than a few friends or friends of friends asking about how to prepare to GTFO.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
Has the June Transfer/Redesignation Board (Board ID 240) reported out? Rumor (doubt the source) has it that there were no 13xx "in" selects?