• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November boards

Lanisem

wnna jam.
Hey guys. Congrats to Praying, and all you selected!!! I'm excited for you guys. I missed the November boards because I was still short 2 LOR's.. I guess I'm in for January, since I keep hearing there's no December. beh. :eek:

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
Hey guys. Congrats to Praying, and all you selected!!! I'm excited for you guys. I missed the November boards because I was still short 2 LOR's.. I guess I'm in for January, since I keep hearing there's no December. beh. :eek:

I'll say a prayer for you and good luck.

red_ryder

None
There...MAY still be some december boards...a little bird told me that there's some pressure to have some boards this month because of the ravenous needs of the navy (and Jan. buildup), but I'm not sure which designators that includes...guess we'll find out, eh?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
There...MAY still be some december boards...a little bird told me that there's some pressure to have some boards this month because of the ravenous needs of the navy (and Jan. buildup), but I'm not sure which designators that includes...guess we'll find out, eh?

What's the January buildup?

red_ryder

None
What's the January buildup?

Supposing they didn't hold december boards, they would have to hold the boards for the accumulated apps in january, right?

guess it might not be so bad though, my recruiter tells me that even recruiting prospects slack off on their applications during december. "holidays" and "family" or something like that. I dunno, I myself was chomping at the bit to finish my app ASAP.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
Supposing they didn't hold december boards, they would have to hold the boards for the accumulated apps in january, right?

guess it might not be so bad though, my recruiter tells me that even recruiting prospects slack off on their applications during december. "holidays" and "family" or something like that. I dunno, I myself was chomping at the bit to finish my app ASAP.

Ok, I understand what you mean. I thought you were referring to some recruiting/manning strategy.

annaisdivine

Hey guys, just wanted to let y'all know that I heard from my recruiter yesterday and I did not get selected. I was in class helping the students with their work when I got the call. I had forgotten to turn off my cell phone so I went to hit silence, but the call was from my recruiter and I knew I couldn't go the rest of the day wondering the outcome. So I ducked off in the corner and took the call. I actually smiled when I got off the phone because when I turned around, there were 22 kids in the room who all needed me very much and I realized I was exactly where I needed to be. I told the recruiter that everything worked out great because if it weren't for applying for OCS, I never would've gone into a temporary teaching gig. Turns out that I fell in love with the teaching.
Thank y'all very much for all of your support and also for defending our freedom. I now have even more respect for what y'all do.
-Anna

red_ryder

None
Hey guys, just wanted to let y'all know that I heard from my recruiter yesterday and I did not get selected. I was in class helping the students with their work when I got the call. I had forgotten to turn off my cell phone so I went to hit silence, but the call was from my recruiter and I knew I couldn't go the rest of the day wondering the outcome. So I ducked off in the corner and took the call. I actually smiled when I got off the phone because when I turned around, there were 22 kids in the room who all needed me very much and I realized I was exactly where I needed to be. I told the recruiter that everything worked out great because if it weren't for applying for OCS, I never would've gone into a temporary teaching gig. Turns out that I fell in love with the teaching.
Thank y'all very much for all of your support and also for defending our freedom. I now have even more respect for what y'all do.
-Anna

I was halfway done typing a note of righteous outrage on your behalf for you to reapply and try again, but then I read the second half of your note. :p

Glad you found your calling, in the end. That's what's most important.