• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

November 2010 Board

jbombs

I just got a call from my recruiter, selected for SNA/NFO woo!

22/M
3.0 GPA La Salle University
B.S. in Business Adminstration, Finance Major
7/8/6 60 OAR
no LORs
5 references
2 college professors, neighbor who is a police officer, High school english teacher, Boss at the caterer I work at

Scruff

None
Contributor
Well I feel stupid.... Good luck to everybody, and congrats on the PRO-Rec's!

Howdy this is my first post

23/M non-prior
Pro Rec SNA and NFO
6/6/7/57
B.S. Electrical Engineering
2.58 GPA
Interview with O-4
LOR from Navy O-6, Army O-3, and two mentors
36 hrs flight time working on PPL

Congrats to everyone else that made it

bwh06b

FS SNA
Pro Rec for SNA/NFO

7/7/8 61
B.S. Biochemistry, Abilene Christian university
3.54 GPA

LOR's from Navy O-8, O-7, O-6, multiple employers, professors, and family friends.
No prior flight time.

Congrats to everybody else. I was in complete shock when I got the e-mail from my recruiter this morning.

Joeski

The NRD I work with has the day off, I'm about to go nuts waiting for the results!!!

Would it be out of line to contact a different NRD? I know a few people emailed a different NRD a while back to get results...

MGoBrew11

pilot
My NRD's computers aren't working....I was literally shaking, now I have to wait until after Thanksgiving...

TXSooner07

None
Picked up for NFO!!! (non-select for SWO) Stats below.

Applying for NFO, SWO
25, M
Non-Prior

School: University of Oklahoma
Major: Psychology
GPA: 2.94
ASTB: 7/7/7 60
LOR's: 7 total: 1 family friend (prior AF), prior employer, rest are various band directors/instructors.

H.S. & College Marching Bands (state championship, many regional championships, nat'l finalist). Madison Scouts Drum & Bugle Corps. A couple leadership positions during that time.

Manager at sonic-drive in during college. Now have the "9-5" job as a business analyst of sorts. Also manage contract/temp staff at my office (15-18 people).

Crazy*Carl

I hope to hear back from my recruiter soon. I didn't expect the results to be out so soon.

SNA applicant pending PRK
23/M/non prior
OAR 8/8/9/60
3.00 GPA B.S. Aerospace Engineering, Saint Louis University
FAA Certified Flight Instructor (CFI,CFII), 450 hours

nativeofsandieg

Well, not really sure what happened. But I was told I wouldn't see a board till April. However, I was told I was non-select today.

NFO
6/7/7 53
2.8 GPA History
24/M/non Prior
10:30 1.5 Mile

LORS: 06, 04, Dean of students, Head of religious department at school, Former CEO of insurance company,

Extracurricular: Former Taekwondo instructor for 4 years, KravMaga for 2, Jiu Jitsu club in College, Koine Greek club in college.

My motivational was kick ass. Saw some others that were selected with lower GPA, and lower scores. My father was a former Tomcat RIO, guess keeping the family tradition is out of the picture. Congrats on all who were selected.

MGoBrew11

pilot
My motivational was kick ass. Saw some others that were selected with lower GPA, and lower scores. My father was a former Tomcat RIO, guess keeping the family tradition is out of the picture. Congrats on all who were selected.

Look man, I haven't heard back from this board yet, and I don't expect to be picked up. But this post just sounds like sour grapes. I'm sorry. I'm sure everyone thinks their own motivational was kick ass, and I'm sure a lot of guys get picked up with a lower GPA than you (or me) BUT WE STUDIED HISTORY (and I and others have a higher GPA than you in History, without complaining about a non-select). And please don't bring your dad into this. We all have dads. They all do cool things. It should have absolutely nothing to do with what YOU do. Your dad could be president of the United States and it does not make you entitled to be a Naval Officer.

jer

Pro-Rec SWO! (11/24/10)
WOW! I had not heard anything in a while from my OR and I thought it was no good news, but today a call...

pro-rec for SWO!

nativeofsandieg

But this post just sounds like sour grapes.

Your opinion is just that, your opinion. My post simply gave a data point on those who were selected, and those who were not (like me).

You can criticize my intentions all day long, but to be honest, you really have no clue how way off base you are.

I will finish this post with the same intentions as the last, Congrats to all who got selected.

that mike guy

JSUPT primary @ VAFB, Enid, OK
Posted my pro-rec status yesterday while taking a break from building a deck and didn't quite have time to post a long message with everything in it. To business. First, I wanted to thank everyone at this forum; the people and advice on here are [mostly] top notch, lol, and have helped myself and many others a great deal along the application road. Second, congratulations to all pro-recs. To all non-selects: if you really want it, don't give up. And finally happy thanksgiving!!