• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No OCC Air Contracts

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Not a Marine or PLC, but it is the same situation for Marine Options in NROTC according to our MOI. No air-contracts until the 2008 timeframe. The MO's at our school just found this out last week.

If NROTC guys are really ouf of luck for the next year, as HD would suggest, then Jamnww's question is fairly pertient, no?

Thats interesting...wonder what impact it will have on the fleet down the road...
It's so odd. I discovered this site when both the Marine jet draft and Navy YG '04 deathtrap were in full swing. So odd to maybe see the poles reversing; just as all the winged folk promise.

chupacabra

pilot
Contributor
Not a Marine or PLC, but it is the same situation for Marine Options in NROTC according to our MOI. No air-contracts until the 2008 timeframe. The MO's at our school just found this out last week.

I received this word from my MOI as well about three weeks ago. Basically, no more air contracts will be awarded to FY07 NROTC Senior Marine Options. We will be competing for the remaining open slots on a first come, first serve basis as part of our commissioning package. I'm not exactly clear on what this means, but what my MOI instructed me to do is get my commissioning package (May 07) in ASAP and hope for the best.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
I received this word from my MOI as well about three weeks ago. Basically, no more air contracts will be awarded to FY07 NROTC Senior Marine Options. We will be competing for the remaining open slots on a first come, first serve basis as part of our commissioning package. I'm not exactly clear on what this means, but what my MOI instructed me to do is get my commissioning package (May 07) in ASAP and hope for the best.

chupa,

whats the story for guys graduating may 08? Good buddy of mine is kinda in a bind and isn't sure whats going on.

sanders

I got the same news today. My OSO informed me that no air contracts would be available until October (OCC-196). He informed me that I had two choices:
1. I could submit my application for a ground contract and try to get Air slot at TBS -OR-
2. I could wait to submit my application for 196

What does this mean? Does that mean that those of us currently applying for PLC air are screwed? (Soph in college)

MettGT

pilot
What does this mean? Does that mean that those of us currently applying for PLC air are screwed? (Soph in college)

No, I believe you could do PLC-C the summer before your senior year (2008). Those that are screwed are those graduating this spring and applying for OCC 195. That leaves about 8 months of unemployment/low paying job(s) from graduation to Jan. 2008. :icon_rage

bubba716

This all pretty much goes along with what my OSO told me over the summer. Initially there were a few slots for the August board, guess they are gone now. I didn't get pilot but was selected for NFO. I'll be going to OCC 194

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Hey, does anyone have the number for that truck driving school? You know, the one on TV. I think I might need that.:icon_mi_1

But seriously, Top Gun quotations aside, :icon_rage.

My OSO said today there were a few NFO slots for the western district for 195, but none for 194. Three months ago, when I got PRK they had air slots for 194. How quickly things change.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
I guess I have an extra semester to finish my Masters... Wish I had known this before I took the number of classes that would allow me to do it in a year.

red92gt

NFO? no. SNA? not yet. FNG? yep.
As most of you know, I was supposed to go to Jrs on an air contract in July, but broke my foot. I still need to resubmit my application (still air), will this affect me at all? My guess is maybe not, as I graduate in '09, but what do I know... I'll call my OSO when he gets in this morning

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Gotta call my OSO, but does this apply to those of us already selected air for 194?

I would imagine if you are already contracted and selected for -194 as an air contract, then you would still have it. This pertains to people who arent already going to OCS

red92gt

NFO? no. SNA? not yet. FNG? yep.
Well I talked to my OSO this morning, must be different in MI cause he said that all air contracts are still good to go, OCC and otherwise

christomlinson

As Slammer said above...If you already have a contract, it's not going to be revoked. This is in regards to all packages going in for people in hopes of being selected and receiving a contract for OCC. These are a no-go. All who already have been selected are unaffected.