• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No OCC Air Contracts

flyerstud4

Again, not a Marine, but perhaps the slots come from people that attrite out of OCS/TBS. Maybe the crazies that drop their air contract to go ground open up slots. :D

I agree, the OCS staff loves to weed out air contracts( not to scare you) and there are crazy LTs that drop the air contract and go ground. I hope that gives you some moto to go ground at OCS and get the air contract at TBS. Semper Fi

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
I agree, the OCS staff loves to weed out air contracts( not to scare you) and there are crazy LTs that drop the air contract and go ground. I hope that gives you some moto to go ground at OCS and get the air contract at TBS. Semper Fi

If you are set on an air contract then don't wait till TBS to get one, don't risk it if you don't have to...

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
If you are set on an air contract then don't wait till TBS to get one, don't risk it if you don't have to...

For those of us who have already graduated, I think that is the only option based on this new development. Either hope for it at TBS, or wait an extra year, or however long it takes for things to change.

jarhead

UAL CA; retired hinge
pilot
Not sure how other communities are sitting right now within the Corps, but this is the latest word from the fixed wing Company Grade Monitor … “I must emphasize here again that we have an enormous amount of aviators coming off FAC duty or DIFDEN tours wanting back to the fleet MAG's.” and “Hornet Pilots - As luck would have it you now sit in the healthiest community, about to get even healthier as we walk forward with the Aviation Transition Strategy. Officers should plan accordingly. Extensions will be few and far between with the reduced squadrons. Fleet to Fleet tours also will be tough due to sheer numbers of officers coming from FAC billets and desiring to stay on the Green Team post initial commitment”.

S/F

A.Kuettel

I had a contract when I went to OCS this summer, but was NPQ'd for stress fractures. I don't retain that contract do I?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Hey, does anyone have the number for that truck driving school? ....Three months ago.....they had air slots for 194. How quickly things change.

I don't want to be a party pooper or say "I told you so .... " but it sounds like some of you will now have an opportunity to put to the test the often heard mantra on Air Warriors ... "I'm a Marine Officer first; Aviator second .... "

It's ALWAYS been this way ... the ebbs and flows of Aviation staffing ... Marine or Navy ... it's ALWAYS timing and .... let's be really clear: it's FATE.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Dont game the game, Blue side was doing the same stuff about a year ago. All this will change in a few months, neither service can ever seem to figure out manning issues so they bounce between too mant and not enough.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Whens the last time Navy was giving out SNA slots like candy? Is it possible we could see another shift like that?

Conaway

This whole thing is really disappointing to me. I just hope by the time I am physically qualified in November something will change. Can someone tell me if they know anything about this changing with the new fiscal year? I will be applying with all the new candidates in November in the new 2007 fiscal year for OCC-195. It would seem to me I might have better luck since the rush to get all packages in is over...for now at least.

chupacabra

pilot
Contributor
I don't want to be a party pooper or say "I told you so .... " but it sounds like some of you will now have an opportunity to put to the test the often heard mantra on Air Warriors ... "I'm a Marine Officer first; Aviator second .... "

That's exactly what I was thinking when I walked out of my MOI's office after I heard the news. As he put it: "You'll still get the priviledge of being a Marine Officer."