• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

No OCC Air Contracts

bubba716

Kuettel, it's Beard. You will have to reapply. I got sent home 10 days into it with stress fractures. I reapplied in August and got selected for NFO, not what I was hoping for but I'll take it.

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
Like .... you know ANYTHING about ANYTHING, Junior ... ???

I love it ... being "disciplined" by a Silicon Valley-girl ....

Sir, you got that pretty much on the money. ;)
Except I am not a girl. Does it say that in my profile somewhere?

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Only when they release Top Gun II: Maverick succumbs to scientology.

Perhaps you refer, yet again, to Maverick piloting one of these numbers:

Attachments

• Xenu_space_plane.jpg
    Xenu_space_plane.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 62

masterblaster28

In regards to NFO I spoke with my OSO today and he said this info is not true. Told me if it was then they wouldn't still be pushing them right now to go out and find qualified candidates for NFO. That's the word here in good ol' Missoura anyways.

Sting-Ray

Fly USMC
I signed an air contract for January and was called by my OSO two weeks ago saying the same thing...all air missions were pulled after my package was all together. I then decided to sign a ground contract just to get in. Be a Marine Officer first, even if flying for the Corps means everything to you. Everyone can try to get selected after you make it through OCS. I would think they would be more likely to take someone who is already flight qualified and an officer in the Corps. Don't give up to all who want to fly. Press forward and don't quit! I am waiting for the Boards in NOV to hopefully go in JAN. Semper FI!

Junior

pilot
It just amazes me how it seems there is no forward planning with regards to production numbers. Same thing goes with jet drafts. "Oh my god we need jet pilots, everyone this week gets jets." One month later, "We have way too many jet pilots, no jet spots for the rest of the month." Constant knee jerk reaction. I know the foresight required to plan and foresee manning requirements is immense, but I choose to complain a little bit. Good luck to all you guys, keep following the dream.

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
I have no knowledge about any of this, but I will say I am not suprised. Seeing the huge number of pilots coming through in the last 2 years was a sure sign that there would soon be a shift in the opposite direction like there always is.

"We don't have enough pilots!!!!'
"So hire a ton!!!!!"
"ROGER!!!!!"

"S**t....we have too many pilots."
"STOP ACCPETING PILOTS!!!!"

Atomic927

Contracted for OCC-186
I just spoke with my OSO two days ago and he mentioned nothing of this. Is anyone submitting out of the Sacramento office?

samadma

OCC-169 Grad
If you look to go AIR good luck. Too many pilots, and not enough seats. However, if the kids scheduled to commission this fiscal year don't, then it will open up AIR slots for the next fiscal year. You have a better chance of going NFO and switching over or going Ground and getting a slot at TBS then anything else. This includes PLC as well as OCC because PLC numbers for AIR are going down this year for pilots.