• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

NFL Football

a2b2c3

Mmmm Poundcake
pilot
Contributor
I'm interested in seeing that Packer Viking game... I don't know if I want my GB to go easy on the poor guy or not...

Then again after reading Pill's posts, I don't give a damn. It's on. Kick the traitor's ass. The Vikings suck.

CUPike11

Still avoiding work as much as possible....
None
Contributor
Right. I believe my Patriots have unfinished business at Dolphin Stadium.

Regarding the Steelers...

:D

Psshhhhh......you must be crazy....its time for the Patriots to move into the handicapped spot.

Did the Patriots make it to the Super Bowl this past year? I'm sure you guys had fun watching us on tv...but we shall see desert....we shall see.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Since we're posting pictures of our teams...Go Panthers.

top-cats.jpg

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
I don't know if I want my GB to go easy on the poor guy or not...

I'm pretty sure most everyone in Green Bay and many other places would want Brett Favre, who was once a great quarterback but is now making Michael Vick look good, to earn one more quarterback record before he once again hangs up what remains of his balls;

Most times sacked in a season/game/minute. Dude deserves to spend his last-plus-two season on his back on every football field in the nation, staring up at some lineman laughing at him.

I was never a Green Bay fan, but I shall cheer them on loudly when they play the Vikings.

Bevo16

pilot
I really don't get all the Favre hate.

It's not like he is the one who kept calling the Vikings. Favre is still a pretty damn good quarterback when healthy, which he wasn't at the end of last year. Without a doubt, Favre is better than both of the guys who the Vikings were going to run out there this year, and BOTH OF THOSE GUYS ARE INJURED!!!

He is only 39 years old. It is his legacy, and he can do what he wants to with it. He is getting paid 10 million dollars to run a team that has a serious shot a going to the Super Bowl. He also has one of the best RB's in the NFL behind him, and a sold WR corps.

If nothing else, it's a better/more interesting league with Favre in it. It's good TV. It's good drama, and it's going to make the year more fun.

badger16

None
Pill_Hacker said:
I like how people characterize Favre as the traitor. Have you all forgotten what the packers did to him!? cripes.
Brett served the Packers for 14 years and probably made them a billion dollars, nevermind the 2 superbowls. Then they up and decide he isn't good enough and they're going with the new, unproven kid and tell him to f-off while severly limiting who he can play for, if anyone. Brett is not the traitor, the Packers are.

Are you serious?! Brett retired after 2 years of doing the same old "am I or am I not going to retire" routine . The Packers didn't want him to leave, they simply wanted him to make a decision so they could move forward with their team with or with out him. So then after the whole off season of prepping Rodgers for the job, he comes back and expects to take the spot like nothing happened. It does not work that way. HE moved on, so the Pack did the same.
As for only trading him to a certain team, well that is just smart business. Why would I trade a good QB to a place where he could effect our season?
I'm not a Farve hater. I just am sick of all the drama he has to create every pre season when he plays this whole game of retiring and coming back. Just make up your mind and then go with it. What's changed in 3 weeks? Why couldn't he have just signed with them then??
As I said above the best thing this has done is made the Pack vs Vikqueens game even more fun. I can't wait!

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Are you serious?! Brett retired after 2 years of doing the same old "am I or am I not going to retire" routine . The Packers didn't want him to leave, they simply wanted him to make a decision so they could move forward with their team with or with out him. So then after the whole off season of prepping Rodgers for the job, he comes back and expects to take the spot like nothing happened. It does not work that way. HE moved on, so the Pack did the same.
As for only trading him to a certain team, well that is just smart business. Why would I trade a good QB to a place where he could effect our season?
I'm not a Farve hater. I just am sick of all the drama he has to create every pre season when he plays this whole game of retiring and coming back. Just make up your mind and then go with it. What's changed in 3 weeks? Why couldn't he have just signed with them then??
As I said above the best thing this has done is made the Pack vs Vikqueens game even more fun. I can't wait!

When you are Brett Favre, and you say you don't want to go to camp, you don't have to go to camp.

GO FARVE!!! Skol Vikings, let's win this game, Skol Vikings, honor your name, Go get that first down, Then get a touchdown. Rock 'em . . . Sock 'em Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Go Vikings, run up the score, You'll hear us yell for more. . . V-I-K-I-N-G-S
Skol, Vikings, let's go!

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
GO FARVE!!! Skol Vikings, let's win this game, Skol Vikings, honor your name, Go get that first down, Then get a touchdown. Rock 'em . . . Sock 'em Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Go Vikings, run up the score, You'll hear us yell for more. . . V-I-K-I-N-G-S
Skol, Vikings, let's go!

^ what the hell just happened? :confused:

jt71582

pilot
Contributor
Pill_Hacker said:
That's our fight song, duh. Maybe if we added some jug toots, banjos, jaw harps and musical saws it would appeal more to you :p

sick burn, dickface. :D

So for real...is anyone working on the ESPN fantasy league? If I knew what the hell I was doing I'd create it. But.. "what do I know? I'm just an Ensign."

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Pill_Hacker said:
Strahan didn't go to camp a couple years ago and then he won the Superbowl....

Not going to camp as a defensive end is a little different than not going as a quarterback. A defensive end doesn't have to worry about learning the offense inside and out, being THE team leader, or getting the timing down with his receivers. He just has to show up on Sundays and chase the guy under center. If a D end can show up in the shape that he needs to be, its really no big deal. Thats not the case for a quarterback. Especially a 45 year old quarterback with a brand new team.

wlawr005

pilot
Contributor
Not going to camp as a defensive end is a little different than not going as a quarterback. A defensive end doesn't have to worry about learning the offense inside and out, being THE team leader, or getting the timing down with his receivers. He just has to show up on Sundays and chase the guy under center. If a D end can show up in the shape that he needs to be, its really no big deal. Thats not the case for a quarterback. Especially a 45 year old quarterback with a brand new team.

Brett is 39 and the Vikings run the same offense that Green Bay and Favre ran for 16 years. Plus, Percy Harvin, Bernard Berrian, and Adrian Peterson don't have but 5 years in the NFL total. They all have something to learn from Favre.

Favre took extra time during special teams practice yesterday to go over the playbook with the coaches. Also, when everyone else left for the day, he stayed behind running conditioning sprints.

My CO didn't fly but about once or twice a month and he wasn't the best at operating the whiz bang computer shit in the cockpit, but when it came to the fundamentals of being a helicopter pilot, I knew my best chances of surviving an emergency situation resided with him in the cockpit.