• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New wings approved for AMDO/Aviation LDO/CWOs

Redux

Yeah, OK. Tell that to the Supply guys who have their own (winged) badge, the flight docs, the physiologists, the Engineering Duty Officers . . .

No one's giving them pilot/NFO wings.

And it's all overkill IMHO. No different then when the wearing of berets in the army for everyone started. Cheapened the effect for the few that were already authorized. Somebitch, "supply wings" I hope you jest. :sleep_125

Redux

We have become the enemy.

And by that I mean the USAF where every swinging dick has a pin.

This ain't no shit, I roomed off base with a couple for a while years ago. They both were in the 89th at Andrews, in addition to their baby blue work and dress uniforms they had geedunk medals for the geedunks. If they weren't making each other airtight they missed their calling. :(

Flying Low

Yea sure or Yes Sir?
pilot
Contributor
This would make it OK for them to keep wearing EAWS wings they had previously earned then too, right?

That is probably why they made it an insignia and not a warfare device. I sure wish someone would change that rule so I could wear my EAWS.

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Those guys tend to have pretty strong ties to their enlisted days, so I wouldn't think most of them would be too keen on the idea of taking off the EAWS.

navyao

CDR's and up? The heart and soul of maintenance are "junior" officers who have been in the Navy twenty years and wear the rank of LTJG or LT (or CWO). In fact, while I'm sure that they might exist, I've never seen a maintenance officer ranked higher than LCDR.

Let them have a pin...Geez...They're professional enough that it probably won't make that much of a difference in their work quality, but it's always nice to be recognized, and Lord knows that the maintainers deserve it.

Hmm? When you say that JO's are the "heart and soul of maintenance" I'm not sure I agree. Don't get me wrong, I had all the respect in the world for both of my Gunners and I have friends who were enlisted troops with me on active duty who are now LDO's. But I never had anyone above E-7 with me turning wrenches or doing dailys or PMS'ing anything, let alone up/down loading ordnance, especially when I was night-check. Sorry but it's the E-2 through E-7/8 who are the backbone of maintenance. Don't get me wrong, LDO's and CWO's are a huge resource and who have accomplished a great deal. However, you can't complete the maintenance without the mechanic. Remember, sortie completion rates are very important to the CAG and around the boat, without the P/C's and workcenters of the squadron or ships company Airdales we ain't flying.

VetteMuscle427

is out to lunch.
None
Hmm? When you say that JO's are the "heart and soul of maintenance" I'm not sure I agree. Don't get me wrong, I had all the respect in the world for both of my Gunners and I have friends who were enlisted troops with me on active duty who are now LDO's. But I never had anyone above E-7 with me turning wrenches or doing dailys or PMS'ing anything, let alone up/down loading ordnance, especially when I was night-check. Sorry but it's the E-2 through E-7/8 who are the backbone of maintenance. Don't get me wrong, LDO's and CWO's are a huge resource and who have accomplished a great deal. However, you can't complete the maintenance without the mechanic. Remember, sortie completion rates are very important to the CAG and around the boat, without the P/C's and workcenters of the squadron or ships company Airdales we ain't flying.

You missed the point... those JO's that he is referencing are prior mechs etc who have done their time on night check, etc. Lots of them made E-6/7/8 before becoming commissioned. They aren't wrench turners anymore; they are leaders. Heart and soul doesn't mean they are the muscle.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
YGBSM! Most AMDO's have EAWS and/or Aircrew wings. I'm assuming this will replace the EAWS wings. What's next? GENAV Wings?

-ea6bflyr ;)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Even DH's getting there MO ticket punched defer to them for guidance. Glad to see they're getting a little recognition for a thankless job, they work more in two days than I did in a week...

MO's aren't unique, Admin O's deferred to YN/PN's for guidance, as they often should. Do they rate golden scissors now?

Lots of people work hard in the military, doesn't mean they all rate a pin. It won't be long until Cryppies and Intel weenies get theirs. :(