• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New wings approved for AMDO/Aviation LDO/CWOs

RobLyman

- hawk Pilot
pilot
None
How many MTPs to a company? What is the crew composition of a maintenance flight? Sounds like MTPs have a more detailed level of maintenance knowledge, but is that concentrated in just a few people?

I started FCP quals immediately after coming home from my HAC cruise and had something like 80 hrs of PIC time. Nothing started ramping up my knowledge level like flying FCFs w/ the QAO.
We have two MTP slots per company of 6 aircraft. There are also 4 more slots between our maintenance company and HHC. In reality, the slots are not always filled with qualified MTPs or even PCs (HACs).

We fly with a minimum crew for a test flight. Unless a crew chief is required to evaluate something on the flight, which is rare, they stay on the ground. I will sometimes take someone in the back to run the vibe box in the A model if I have a junior copilot.

Some more differences: No "cards". Just a complete checklist and an MTP deciding which items will be tested. Also, because a light A model can actually have auto rpm below 100%, the PCLs get retarded to idle during the auto rpm check to ensure they are decoupled.

BTW, 50 hrs PC (PIC) time in airframe is the minimum for the MTP course.