• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Program Authorization (URLO ISPP)

KHam

SNFO Pro Rec- Y
Hey everyone, currently an active duty AT1 trying to secure an NFO spot sometime in the future. I just learned about ISPP and I’m a bit confused on it. I read through the PA and it says no waivers are authorized for the program, but after skimming through some of these comments it looks like some of you have submitted your package to this program with waivers. Anyone able to give me a little clarification on this? I will be needing to submit an age waiver so anyone with knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated.

BDavis11

Contributor
Hey everyone, currently an active duty AT1 trying to secure an NFO spot sometime in the future. I just learned about ISPP and I’m a bit confused on it. I read through the PA and it says no waivers are authorized for the program, but after skimming through some of these comments it looks like some of you have submitted your package to this program with waivers. Anyone able to give me a little clarification on this? I will be needing to submit an age waiver so anyone with knowledge on this would be greatly appreciated.
No waivers! If they got a waiver they ended up going the traditional route.

exNavyOffRec

Unless you typed your age in wrong you have several years before needing an age waiver, the "commissioned by" age for aviation is 32.

KHam

SNFO Pro Rec- Y
Unless you typed your age in wrong you have several years before needing an age waiver, the "commissioned by" age for aviation is 32.
Just out of curiosity, where did you get this information from? Because according to the PA for commissioning programs (OPNAVINST 1420.1b), the “commissioned by” age for Pilots/NFO’s is 27. Is there an updated gouge somewhere that I may have missed?

exNavyOffRec

Just out of curiosity, where did you get this information from? Because according to the PA for commissioning programs (OPNAVINST 1420.1b), the “commissioned by” age for Pilots/NFO’s is 27. Is there an updated gouge somewhere that I may have missed?
The OPNAVINST 1420.1b when it comes to OCS programs is basically worthless, it never gets updated.

KHam

SNFO Pro Rec- Y
In case anyone else was confused about the age requirements for the Pilot/NFO options, I found an updated PA that was released in May of 2022. The original OPNAVINST 1420.1b states that you have to be commissioned by age 27, but can get waivers up to ages 29 or 31 depending on your designator. The updated PA states that the age requirements are 19-32 years of age, with no mention of a waiver. I’ve linked it below for y’all’s convenience.

KHam

SNFO Pro Rec- Y
Utilize the proper source.

MyNavyHR/ community manager/ OCM/ PA/ 100f/ 106.

32, non waiverable for URLISPP.

32, waiverable for OCS.

happy trails young man.
In my post I was comparing what the OCS portion of the OPNAVINST 1420.1b said about age requirements, to what the PA 106 said about them. Meaning, I was referring specifically to the PA for the NFO/Pilot option, not the PA for the URLO ISPP program, which seems to be what you tried to link in your response. So with that being said, I did utilize the proper source. Maybe I should have specified that a little better, so my apologies to anyone who may have been confused. I did however, misword the age requirements by saying that the PA 106 mentioned nothing about an age waiver, so thank you for correcting that. ?

FlightEngineerBobby

SNA Applicant (ISPP)
In my post I was comparing what the OCS portion of the OPNAVINST 1420.1b said about age requirements, to what the PA 106 said about them. Meaning, I was referring specifically to the PA for the NFO/Pilot option, not the PA for the URLO ISPP program, which seems to be what you tried to link in your response. So with that being said, I did utilize the proper source. Maybe I should have specified that a little better, so my apologies to anyone who may have been confused. I did however, misword the age requirements by saying that the PA 106 mentioned nothing about an age waiver, so thank you for correcting that. ?
I’m confused. PA106 states that applicants 19-32 are eligible. Paragraph 5 states that waivers for age may be granted.

PA100F states no waivers may be granted for URLOISPP applicants.

KHam

SNFO Pro Rec- Y
I’m confused. PA106 states that applicants 19-32 are eligible. Paragraph 5 states that waivers for age may be granted.

PA100F states no waivers may be granted for URLOISPP applicants.
Correct. PA 106 does state that age waivers may be granted. From my interpretation that would mean that age waivers would be granted for anyone over the age of 32.

The PA for URLO ISPP states that no waivers may be granted. Which means that if you need an age waiver, you are not eligible to apply for for OCS via URLO ISPP. You would have to apply via the traditional OCS route.

Again this is my interpretation so I would verify this with someone else on this forum who has experience with the program, or maybe even your CCC to get a second opinion. Hope this helps though.

FlightEngineerBobby

SNA Applicant (ISPP)
Correct. PA 106 does state that age waivers may be granted. From my interpretation that would mean that age waivers would be granted for anyone over the age of 32.

The PA for URLO ISPP states that no waivers may be granted. Which means that if you need an age waiver, you are not eligible to apply for for OCS via URLO ISPP. You would have to apply via the traditional OCS route.

Again this is my interpretation so I would verify this with someone else on this forum who has experience with the program, or maybe even your CCC to get a second opinion. Hope this helps though.
Gotcha, yea. Your interpretation is correct.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
If you're active duty and meet all URL program authorization requirements WITHOUT needing a program-specific waiver (age, GPA, OAR/ASTB, etc.)... you can apply VIA URLO ISPP.

If you need a program-specific waiver, then you will apply for a waiver and through the normal fleet OCS route.

"Waivers" are strictly program specific. This doesn't apply to "medical" waivers. As long as you're fully medically qualified or fully qualified with waiver/s... you're good.