• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Hooters pics from Mad Dog . . . .

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
Just got a new Hooters mask for the Christmas season...but I’m not allowed to wear it until after Thanksgiving...

NOTE: It’s Speedy Tuesday...birth year 1964 Omega Speedmaster 105.003 on a 19mm Omega Novonappa NATO.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Is this a CAP plane? I remember when they started rolling the G1000 birds out many moons ago and how all of the pilots and observers were trying to move mountains to get one to their squadron.
Judging from the N number I’d say yes.

ChuckMK23

FERS and TSP contributor!
pilot
Is this a CAP plane? I remember when they started rolling the G1000 birds out many moons ago and how all of the pilots and observers were trying to move mountains to get one to their squadron.
1st Gen G1000 - no WAAS so RNAV approaches are LNAV only with manual stepdowns (no LPV). Most of the Cessna fleet (182 and 206) are G1000's and a lot of the aircraft are Gen 2 with WAAS and Garmin AP's with FD. The fleet of Airvan G-8's are steam gauge as are the DHC-2 Beavers and handful of Maule M-9-235's.

Last edited:

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
1st Gen G1000 - no WAAS so RNAV approaches are LNAV only with manual stepdowns (no LPV). Most of the Cessna fleet (182 and 206) are G1000's and a lot of the aircraft are Gen 2 with WAAS and Garmin AP's with FD. The fleet of Airvan G-8's are steam gauge as are the DHC-2 Beavers and handful of Maule M-9-235's
CAP has DHC-2’s?

Sign me up!

Griz882

pilot
Contributor
Quick question @ChuckMK23...what is the future of the CAP aircraft fleet? Are they sticking with the 182 forever or is there something in the wind? I remember when it was guys using their own aircraft and a handful of retired “O” aircraft.