• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New Hooters pics from Mad Dog . . . .

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Seems like we've been back and forth on this issue over the years. On one hand, I think there might be some value in determining whether the individual is a fat or unkempt slob. Even though an individual's PFA status is listed, we all know people who can pass the PFA, but still look like a complete disaster in khakis. On the other hand, people can read all kinds of other things into someone's personal appearance that shouldn't have a bearing on whether a board selects them for promotion. My sense is that the latter outweighs the former in terms of a fair and consistent promotion process.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
so you still have to have a current photo in your record, but it won't be displayed on the screen...? I'm guessing it's for quick reaction press releases.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
so you still have to have a current photo in your record, but it won't be displayed on the screen...? I'm guessing it's for quick reaction press releases.

Yeah, that caught my eye too. I suppose so they have at least one visual record you exist?

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
We should have a friendly bet on when it gets changed back again to the old way. Whoever guesses closest wins internet bragging rights, nothing more. My guess is July 2017 (random guess).

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
This is really gonna hurt those whose plan for collecting separation pay involved tropical whites and Magnum, P.I. mustaches.

Unfortunately that isn't even an authorized uniform anymore, though that would likely be more helpful to the cause of any Magnum wannabes trying to get FOS'd.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
We must finally be getting close to our diversity goals...

Or I'm just a conspiracy theorist.

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
On one hand, I think there might be some value in determining whether the individual is a fat or unkempt slob. Even though an individual's PFA status is listed, we all know people who can pass the PFA, but still look like a complete disaster in khakis.
One might think (hope?) that would be annotated in Block 35 Military Bearing/Character where a 1.0 is described as, in part, consistently unsatisfactory appearance. Do character and military bearing belong grouped together? Do the individual performance traits really mean anything, or are they just a there to provide numbers that are used to manufacture a bell curve? Those are questions that I'd be interested in seeing addressed. In the absence of a critical look at improving the utility/truthfulness of the existing document, I believe there is currently an avenue for CO's to address the person you described sans photo - if they choose to use it.

Glad the photo is gone. It created unnecessary skepticism in an already wounded program.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do the individual performance traits really mean anything, or are they just a there to provide numbers that are used to manufacture a bell curve?
Does that system provide a reliable means for the RS to convey their opinion to members of a screen/election board? I would argue that it does, but we digress.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Are there any plans to change the fit rep system to something even remotely modern or at least update NAVFIT98 prior to its 20yr anniversary?

Hair Warrior

Contributor
1) boooooooo clickbait
2) full length photo still necessary for when NCIS has to pull you, your classified info, and your bag of cash off an airplane bound for [insert foriegn adversary nation or obscure tiny paradise sans extradition treaty here]

Treetop Flyer

pilot
1) boooooooo clickbait
2) full length photo still necessary for when NCIS has to pull you, your classified info, and your bag of cash off an airplane bound for [insert foriegn adversary nation or obscure tiny paradise sans extradition treaty here]
For the marine corps, no photo means they give you a bag of cash and you fly the airplane. Oh damn, I forgot to send one in.