• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New guy with a few questions

flopper

Are the bowflex home gyms worth the money? With tax time in my parents said they maybe able to help me get one.

Bowflex is one of the best investments you can buy. You will have yourself a gym for the rest of your life. If you are interested in them take a look at this one, http://www.amazon.com/Bowflex-Xtrem...e=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1208497073&sr=8-1 This one has pretty much all that you will need, and is not as big and bulky as the ultimate 2. These are better than free weights in the sense that there is less chance of injury, especially for someone like you with little experience with free weights. I don't mean this in the sense that you will get a better workout with free weights either. In my experience, I have found that working out with the Bowflex is overall more effecient, safer and easier to use than free weights once you get a good routine down. While pound for pound the resistance of a power rod and a free weight is not the same, you can upgrade the Bowflex to 410 pounds, more than you will ever need. Who wants to drive to a gym anyways?

fox2102

That bowflex is expensive. I may end up taking out a student loan for my eye surgery so I may just add in the cost of one of these

villanelle

Nihongo dame desu
Contributor
Check on Craig's list and in your local paper. People are notorious for buying exercise equipment of all kinds with the best of intentions, only to brush the dust off and sell it months later. You can even find stuff on freecycle if you are patient.

fox2102

Just an update but i've managed to drop about 15lbs or so and My GPA is up from a 2.56 to a 2.82. Should be at least a 3.0 by the end of this quarter. Havent done much running but I have been working on my strength and I can do about 15 push ups compared to before when I couldnt do any. Dont know how many sit ups I can do exacally but I know it's at least 25 or 30.

a-6intruder

Richard Hardshaft
None
Just an update but i've managed to drop about 15lbs or so and My GPA is up from a 2.56 to a 2.82. Should be at least a 3.0 by the end of this quarter. Havent done much running but I have been working on my strength and I can do about 15 push ups compared to before when I couldnt do any. Dont know how many sit ups I can do exacally but I know it's at least 25 or 30.

Glad to see you are making some tangible progress. For a while there you had an excuse for every recommendation people gave you to help you lose weight.

You don't need a state-of-the art gym. You don't need access to a running track. There were prisoners of war in Vietnam living in solitary in 6x9 cells who managed to crank out situps and pushups, and even did laps around their cell to stay in shape. Not having the facilities is no excuse. Do some situps or pushups during every commercial. Or better yet, turn off the TV. Lay off the junk food.

The only thing you need is motivation and determination. Keep at it!

fox2102

Glad to see you are making some tangible progress. For a while there you had an excuse for every recommendation people gave you to help you lose weight.

You don't need a state-of-the art gym. You don't need access to a running track. There were prisoners of war in Vietnam living in solitary in 6x9 cells who managed to crank out situps and pushups, and even did laps around their cell to stay in shape. Not having the facilities is no excuse. Do some situps or pushups during every commercial. Or better yet, turn off the TV. Lay off the junk food.

The only thing you need is motivation and determination. Keep at it!
Yeah I had to work through the excuses. I'm climbing out of a rut in my life so I've got alot of mental obsticals I have to get through. The exercises has helped me become a bit more mentally tough as well.

I have layed off the junk food but mainly because I cant afford it with gas being $4 a gallon lol

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Keep with it Fox. Focus on the progress and it only gets better. Work harder every day...you'll make it.

fox2102

Keep with it Fox. Focus on the progress and it only gets better. Work harder every day...you'll make it.
Yeah losing the weight and my grades coming up has really helped my self esteam and stress level. I think I was stressing myself out so much over losing weight that I couldnt. As soon as I stopped stressing myself out all the time the weight just kinda came off. Didnt even work that hard. Just a couple of tae kwon do classes a week and not eating a bunch of junk and stayin away from soft drinks. I'm in the process of getting all of the crap out of my life that i dont need. (i.e. people that hold me back or things that stress me out) Think that will greatly improve my focus and attitude