• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New GPA requirements

mic

I'm sure a few guys on here have exaggerated their scores by one or more points, also. ;) However, answer to the question at hand....yes..no..maybe??

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I'm sure a few guys on here have exaggerated their scores by one or more points, also. ;) However, answer to the question at hand....yes..no..maybe??

It is 2.5..I submitted with a 2.39 (back in April) on my way up to my current GPA and it was kicked back because of GPA.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Not sure..I'm up for pilot and nfo (where those are the mins)...but man, just play it safe and get higher than a 2.5...and if you can get into the 3.0 range. DO IT. Trust me. If I can average a 3.3~ish the last 3 years...and make it to a 2.52 you can to.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I plan on it, im just curious. Curiosity always killed this cat. Ill have a 2.9

Take OSUSOONER's sound advice and rock the ASTB. Life will be easier for you. Also continue to strive for >3.0 GPA. Good luck.

-ea6bflyr ;)

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
I don't see how, even with a technical major, most people putting forth even slight effort couldn't pull a 3.0.
You're doing BDCP. Try waking up 3-5 times a week at around 5 am then go through a full day of classes. Then toss in some random volunteer events and the work associated with your billet. I'm always half-asleep and have a hard time paying attention or sometimes I just skip classes. On top of that, I have a part-time job because the monthly stipend is not nearly enough. It sucks.

It eventually takes a toll on your grades, mainly because of the issue of a lack of sleep and the fact that I find myself napping to get some rest rather than using that time to study. We've had people at our unit disenroll and have their GPA's climb because of all the free time that became available.

However, there are the academic studs who still rock out 3.8 and above GPA's and are able to accomplish the aforementioned. Props to them.

mic

You're doing BDCP. Try waking up 3-5 times a week at around 5 am then go through a full day of classes. I'm always half-asleep and have a hard time paying attention or I just skip.

yes I am sure if class was the only thing I had to do, I would be above a 3.0

Srp7286

I was told that to be competitive you need AT LEAST a 2.7. And lets be honest, you have less than a 2.5 in anything except engineering or some kinds of math/science major. Your not taking school seriously enough. Plus what i have been told is that you never want to just make the requirements, if your serious, you need to be above average.

No offense

firefriendly

pilot
You're doing BDCP. Try waking up 3-5 times a week at around 5 am then go through a full day of classes. Then toss in some random volunteer events and the work associated with your billet. I'm always half-asleep and have a hard time paying attention or sometimes I just skip classes. On top of that, I have a part-time job because the monthly stipend is not nearly enough. It sucks.

Yeah, I did 6 days a week for 12 weeks but it was actually 4am. Are you really complaining about your ROTC deal? You guys have your tuition paid. You'll get no sympathy from me. I know you guys have to put up with a nagging amount of bs for 4 years, but gimme a break it wasn't as bad as you make it sound. (Was in both)

Quick BDCP plug. It's like a band aid, quick and painful for a relatively short time or long and drawn out? Pros and cons to both, please stop whining.

KCOTT

remember to pillage before you burn
pilot
Yeah, I did 6 days a week for 12 weeks but it was actually 4am. Are you really complaining about your ROTC deal? You guys have your tuition paid. You'll get no sympathy from me. I know you guys have to put up with a nagging amount of bs for 4 years, but gimme a break it wasn't as bad as you make it sound. (Was in both)

Quick BDCP plug. It's like a band aid, quick and painful for a relatively short time or long and drawn out? Pros and cons to both, please stop whining.
Not everybody has their tuition paid. Some people are "college program."

I would do BDCP in a heartbeat over ROTC. Four years is a long time to endure BS, and I would gladly trade that for 12 weeks, and get paid decent money while attending.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
I was told that to be competitive you need AT LEAST a 2.7. And lets be honest, you have less than a 2.5 in anything except engineering or some kinds of math/science major. Your not taking school seriously enough. Plus what i have been told is that you never want to just make the requirements, if your serious, you need to be above average.

No offense

Srp, I replied to you on the "January '09 board" thread concerning this and concerning your "strategy" to get selected that you posted in that thread...

red_ryder

None
I plan on it, im just curious. Curiosity always killed this cat. Ill have a 2.9
Callsign "Whiskers"

You can get in with a 2.5, I did. If you have a small GPA though you better compensate with a great big dangling ASTB score or some good LOR's...they look at your whole package.

Apparently ASTB is a good indicator of how well you can do in flight school so it's quite possible to override your GPA if you do well.

navy09

None
Pros and cons to both, please stop whining.

+1

Both are good deals. There have been many many times I wish I'd done BDCP. Chances are once I'm out of here and commissioned I'll be glad I put up with ROTC (esp since I'm going SWO).

We all have different circumstances...

BlackBearHockey

go blue...
I know you guys have to put up with a nagging amount of bs for 4 years, but gimme a break it wasn't as bad as you make it sound.

It's not bad at all. It's a sweet deal. But you do have to recognize the bullshit. Extra 3-7 credits a semester with the Naval Science minor. If you're an enginerding major you have to somehow force the NAV classes in yoru schedule, and if your not the calc/physics is hard without creating conflicts. Add in the labs, MWF PT before a full day of classes, billet stuff (in my case 7-8 hours extra/week, others worse, others lighter), community service every weekend, MECs, Drill... then your classes/part time job.

I think KCOTT was trying to say it's not the same easy money as it's made out to be. Nobody is whining or complaining, just pointing out that some of these factors might contribute to someone's academics differently than those taking their 15 credits and getting E-3 pay. Just a different route is all.