• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New BAH policy...

incubus852

pilot
nother update... PSD still isn't saying jack, but apparently here's how it's gonna work.

You get transient BAH and no per diem. Then when you get to primary, you get reimbursed the difference between transient BAH and the BAH of the location of wherever you go to primary.

I've been advised to spend only what amounts to transient BAH...if they pay you more, it might be wise to bank the rest. Because Uncle Sam might want it back... Some ensigns are finding themselves in really shitty financial situations because they spent all the cash they were paid then billed.

SQUIDutah

pilot
Some ensigns are finding themselves in really shitty financial situations because they spent all the cash they were paid then billed.

This is what happens when you are an Ensign and "Party like a Rock Star". I know a few people paying upwards of $2k for their apartment on the beach. :eek:

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
PSD has been pulling crap like this when bi-planes were on carriers. I'm really suprised that in all of this time there hasn't been a TFOA resulting on a direct hit on PSD.

utak

I went to PSD today after I too found out I was BAH II''ed on my LES. It turns out the lady had no clue I was prior enlisted before OCS, so now not only am I getting my BAH back, I'm gonna get it (and back paid from my commissioning date) equivilent to my last duty station's rate - San Diego.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I went to PSD today after I too found out I was BAH II''ed on my LES. It turns out the lady had no clue I was prior enlisted before OCS, so now not only am I getting my BAH back, I'm gonna get it (and back paid from my commissioning date) equivilent to my last duty station's rate - San Diego.
Beer on you! PSD screws people out of $$millions.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
Holy shit!!

BAH II'd!!

Glad they decided to do this the month I am moving to Corpus!! :eek:

Damn my eyes...

snake020

Contributor
For the few that are prior service the PCSing from a base, you are normally entitled to your full BAH from your previous duty station. PDS Pensacola has told me this no less than 4 times including today.

jwebster412

So does this not apply to BDCPer's based on the fact that they technically have prior enlisted service and, thus, were assigned to a PSD near their NRD?

I think this might have been answered already, but I just want to get it straight.

Gitr

Ok, I just got screwed on my LES, my BAH is less than BAH2 or any other BAH and I'm still confused as to what I get considering I have follow-on to Whiting. I think I'll be heading to PSD on Monday... great.... back again

oyoudummy

pilot
When I showed up for api summer of 2006 they had decided to give bah2 to all of the new ensigns coming from usna so long as they were single, didn't have follow on orders, etc etc. Well I was married and had follow on orders and they still screwed me out of 2 months of regular bah. After going to PSD they said I was getting bah2 b/c I was not married when my orders were cut even though my orders were a PCS for myself and a dependent. Never made a lick of sense to me and almost two years later I still haven't seen the 1000 or so dollars. So good luck to anyone trying to get it straightened out, but don't wear yourself out doing it. Just think that each month they screw you out of full bah is less than half the price of the fuel you'll burn each flight through primary or advanced.:D

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
When I showed up for api summer of 2006 they had decided to give bah2 to all of the new ensigns coming from usna so long as they were single, didn't have follow on orders, etc etc. Well I was married and had follow on orders and they still screwed me out of 2 months of regular bah. After going to PSD they said I was getting bah2 b/c I was not married when my orders were cut even though my orders were a PCS for myself and a dependent. Never made a lick of sense to me and almost two years later I still haven't seen the 1000 or so dollars. So good luck to anyone trying to get it straightened out, but don't wear yourself out doing it. Just think that each month they screw you out of full bah is less than half the price of the fuel you'll burn each flight through primary or advanced.:D

Dude, I'd go fight that, it's illegal if you've got dependents and they don't pay you full bah. You're entitled to it, and you'd get a nice little chunk of back pay.

FlyingSquidz

Getting shafted also (prior, follow-on Whiting). They just STOPPED my BAH, put all zero's in the zip code area.

When I called in, they were actually stumped and asked me to come in on Monday to fix it. I'll update you all then.

gtg941f

pilot
So does this not apply to BDCPer's based on the fact that they technically have prior enlisted service and, thus, were assigned to a PSD near their NRD?

I think this might have been answered already, but I just want to get it straight.

Nope! :eek: I got royally screwed. So despite getting regular BAH for 2 years, they've all of a sudden decided that I only need half the money. There goes the difference in income to expenses that I was putting in savings. :icon_rage

If any former BDCPers have any luck with getting your full BAH back, please let me know. They were rude as ever this morning when I called them. The PSD woman claims that your NRD command doesn't count as PDS according to BUPERS.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
The PSD woman claims that your NRD command doesn't count as PDS according to BUPERS.
I can't imagine why it would count as a permanent duty station, given what you guys are saying about USNA and ROTC grads' time at their respective campuses not counting as a permanent duty station.