• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

New BAH policy...

FlyingSquidz

Waiting it out isn't going to do squat for those checking into Whiting. It is the same PSD.

I didn't hear anything new when I checked out of API/ into Whiting. They are being audited and all Per Diem is on hold until further notice. They did collect my gas bills though, so that kind of confused me.

milky-f18

loud-mouthed, know-it-all
Remember that BAH is based on a formula that basically gives O-4s and O-3Es the average mortgage payment for the median home price in the Zip of the base that you're stationed at. The payments are then downgraded from there.

Actually, if you look at the instruction for BAH, it is based upon average rent prices in your area. They hire companies to look at the neighborhoods that somebody living 'similar' to us in the civilian world would be renting. Then, it's based upon that. Here in Lemoore, it actually went down somehow 2 years ago even though cost of living, rents, mortgages, housing costs, etc were skyrocketing. The good thing was that it was grandfathered for those that already were receiving BAH, but 2 years later, the annual increases haven't even caught up to the previous level for O-3s. I think MyPay has FAQ for BAH rates and how they are set.

foampositz

livin' life
pilot
Good news all. Just found out this morning that pilots (single, no follow on, ROTC commissioning source) will resume BAH-S. Thats full BAH for Pensacola. I am also expecting back pay from Jan and Feb for getting the BAH-T. Hope it works out for the rest of you.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Good news all. Just found out this morning that pilots (single, no follow on, ROTC commissioning source) will resume BAH-S. Thats full BAH for Pensacola. I am also expecting back pay from Jan and Feb for getting the BAH-T. Hope it works out for the rest of you.

That is good news. I'll be heading down there in a few months and this new BAH policy had me concerned that my luxury beach house dreams were shot!

D_Rob

Lead LTJG

Where did you hear that from? So I can spend that 2K I got sitting in my savings account since I have been getting full BAH since I got here in AUG?

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Where did you hear that from? So I can spend that 2K I got sitting in my savings account since I have been getting full BAH since I got here in AUG?

It was put out at muster, even better news was that fleet returnees get perdiem and bah (based on lpds) so long as your lease isn't a year lease, and goes month to month.

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
Its a crock of crap to receive full BAH and Per Diem while in Pensacola waiting for API/primary. After reading all of the above posts, I still dont understand why until this day, an ensign buddy of mine is still raking in this dough.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Its a crock of crap to receive full BAH and Per Diem while in Pensacola waiting for API/primary. After reading all of the above posts, I still dont understand why until this day, an ensign buddy of mine is still raking in this dough.

Yeah, the one good deal going on for a single guy, and people call it a crock, wtf ever. If a person is married you wouldn't expect them to move their family during TAD, and they would receive both per diem, and BAH at their previous stations rate until they arrived to their PCS duty station. I fail to see how this is BS w/ it happening to a single member.

Edit: Oh yeah, nice signature, so it's only a good deal if you're the one getting it, but screw everyone else if you're not? Way to go there shippy.

Cavrone

J-Hooah
pilot
My sig is about geting per diem away from your house/duty station, where you have to pay for housing and meals and incidental expenses, not at the same place. That was the thing I have an issue with.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Awesome...this is great news as I can once again afford to live off base once I get down there. I have no problem not making per diem as well....I would agree that per diem AND BAH is a crock, but we at least need the full BAH. Thank you somebody

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Awesome...this is great news as I can once again afford to live off base once I get down there. I have no problem not making per diem as well....I would agree that per diem AND BAH is a crock, but we at least need the full BAH. Thank you somebody

Well, even if it's true you may not get it, see this thread.

FlyingSquidz

Why hate on single people that are entitled to Per Diem? Single sailors have been getting the shaft regularly by the military.

Back in my enlisted days, single E-4 and below had to live on the ship. However, if they got married they could collect dependent BAH to live out in town. It was like holding candy in front of a baby, and a lot of people got married for financial reasons. That is a crock of BS, and whatever married people are entitled to single people should be also.

They are doing nothing illegal, and are entitled by instruction. More power to you guys, enjoy it while it lasts.