• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Need Some Guidance with this package

Hello all,

I'm an active duty E6 Intel guy applying for 1-Intel, 2-SWO, 3-IP. I started working on my application back in July and have sort of just been fumbling my way through this process. I recently found out about this site but there's so much here, it's kinda difficult keeping up. Nonetheless, I was wondering if I could just ask these questions and get some help to kinda consolidate all the info??

About me :
8 years active duty Intel
GPA: 3.9 homeland security
OAR: 47
LORs: 2x O-6, 3x O-5
Appraisals: 3x Intel O-5s, 1x SWO O-5 (solid write up but he gave me a 9 for one section)

Questions i have:
I was looking to apply in January but was informed Intel is closed until the Summer. No biggie but I can submit a waiver for my OAR since it's above a 45 but Intel's preferred score is 50. Should I retake OAR or submit the waiver?

Also, I have anxiety and take meds for them so my doc explained that my condition is disqualifying but he can and did annotate that I'm mentally and emotionally fit and should be awarded a waiver. That said, how do I go about getting a med waiver for this?

Lastly, as I stated, SWO is my number 2 option. If I apply for Intel in this upcoming summer and don't get selected, do i have to reapply for SWO or IP as well? Or does my package simply roll over to those boards to be looked at??

I know this was alot, please don't fuss me out folks, I'm just trying to get my ducks in a row but this process has not been the most comprehensive.

Sorry! One more, I've seen the name Mr Celestin several times throughout the forums. Who is he? And can I get his contact info as well?

-Retake the OAR. You have time to study and meet requirement, so why not?

-If you submit for Intel and SWO and IP at the same time, you may be assigned to a SWO or IP board before an Intel board, and may get a Pro Y for SWO/IP. If you turn down SWO/IP to wait until an Intel board meets, you will probably have to resubmit. If you’re not willing to accept SWO/IP without being seen at an Intel board, don’t submit for anything but Intel and potentially take a spot from someone else

Good luck!
Thank you! I will retake it. I scheduled another date to retake it. I agree, I want to give myself a better shot at selection. Thank you

exNavyOffRec

-Retake the OAR. You have time to study and meet requirement, so why not?

-If you submit for Intel and SWO and IP at the same time, you may be assigned to a SWO or IP board before an Intel board, and may get a Pro Y for SWO/IP. If you turn down SWO/IP to wait until an Intel board meets, you will probably have to resubmit. If you’re not willing to accept SWO/IP without being seen at an Intel board, don’t submit for anything but Intel and potentially take a spot from someone else

Good luck!
That isn't how it works, if you submit for 1. A 2. B and 3. C but the board schedule is C, B, A then what happens if selected for C you will not be assigned an OCS date until the others meet if at the end of the day you are a Y for all 3 then you will be processed for A, but if A is a N and B and C are both Y then you will be processed for B.

Now if the boards in order are A, B, C and you are a Y for A then you will be processed for A without going to board for B and C.

That isn't how it works, if you submit for 1. A 2. B and 3. C but the board schedule is C, B, A then what happens if selected for C you will not be assigned an OCS date until the others meet if at the end of the day you are a Y for all 3 then you will be processed for A, but if A is a N and B and C are both Y then you will be processed for B.

Now if the boards in order are A, B, C and you are a Y for A then you will be processed for A without going to board for B and C.
Thank you for this clarification!