• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy vs Air Force

confused_pilot

Being partial to the navy, and a civilian pilot for the time being, you can tell everything about about a pilot by the way he lands. Have you ever seen a navy landing?? Right ON the numbers, every time. Now the AF, a wheel here a wheel there, "who cares we got 10000ft of runway". So it all depends on weather or not you want to be a pilot or an aviator, me myself I perfer the latter, but just being a pilot is ok for some.

G

GunsVF-103

lol....

I can't remember who said this but...

"A pilot is a Technician behind a control console. An Aviatior is an Artist who is in Love with Flight"

but Yes, Navy Jocks are prerfectionists when it comes to getting back on the boat...
Paddles will tell you differenlty, but don't listen to him, He's Crazy... all that Sea-Air makes him grumpy, lol (J/K to all you LSOs out there, You guys are my heroes)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
I went to that website, and I'm still freakin' lost. At first I though, "Wow, these guys are full of crap!" Then I realized it was about some computer game, and thought,"Wow, they're just pretending, how much time can you waste on this crap?"

BRM21o

From Gun's profile

Hobbies: Chasin' girls

Anyone else not believe this?
boggled_125.gif

Originally posted by BRM21o
From Gun's profile

Hobbies: Chasin' girls

Anyone else not believe this?
boggled_125.gif

aww now you REALLY rippin on the kid. Less games and ficitious bios that take bits out of Macross, more PT and study if you want real wings of gold kid.
angel_125.gif

G

GunsVF-103

Hey...
Okay, I don't chase girls... that much...
I've currently got 1 special lady right now...
as for the your other sugestions....

I'm an "Ike" (I Know Everything) The academic side to gettin' my commission and wings is up to Par....

Yes I am motivated like 5h!4t... Not to mention I got the Ego to back that up (I think it's the Fact theat wiht my Shades on, ppl say I look like Tom Cruise)....
and of course, as goes with any level of Motivation, I do get my daily dose of PT every day....

and then please, can't a guy dream??
I mean, I spent 2 summers at the FWS @ Fallon, not to mention that from my school I can catch all kinds of Birds that Visit Nellis For Red Flags....
So, right now I'm pretty much up on a whole load of JP-5

If you're gona start askin' questins about me, you could be kind enough to not do it out here....
WTF is up with that??

but I don't really Care, what you all think... I'm just here to give my 2 cents....

G

GunsVF-103

lol, that's what eveybody keeps tellin' me...
but I actually Don't watch it that much....

but I catually don't care what I get , as long as I end up with wings of gold....
Everything that the Navy's got all looks pretty Good... Except for maybe the E-8
but everytign else looks cool
P-3, witha a weapons bay like that, It's like puttin' a Machine gun on an 18-wheeler
E-2, Hey as long as It'll get me into the ranks of hte Tailhook association, I'll be happy
SH-60 or HH-60, need I play "Ride of the Valkyries"?
S-3, sure, they call her Hoover, but she's still a Carrier Jet....

G

GunsVF-103

Last time I checked, this was just a discussion thread, not my Grammar Proficiencies....

RobNLa

If Guns has the skill and the sack to back up his mouth, we all better watch out. I think he is in for one helluva awake up call, but that is just one man's opinion.

G

GunsVF-103

*shrug*
Well, I know to shut my mouth when in the presence of a Figure of Authority....

So aside from the Standard-Issue Ass-chewing that's already been planned to be administered, I should be fine....
thumbup_125.gif

But you guys are feedin' my Ego by makin' such a big deal about it... why is it that I draw so much attention to myself??

And Like I said above... This is Just a discussion forum...
I'm not jawin' with the Skipper here... Just givin' my two cents....
Well, make that four, I alrady gave two in that post back up there....

But thanks anyway for you guys' own little gauntlet of unflattering comments
spin_125.gif

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Originally posted by RobNLa
If Guns has the skill and the sack to back up his mouth, we all better watch out. I think he is in for one helluva awake up call, but that is just one man's opinion.

I remember way back when in NROTC, when I was a little mid, we had this guy we called Action Turner. He was built and looked just like Carl Weathers (Rocky fame) who was a bit too enthusiastic like Guns. He knew Top Gun quotes, some naval aviation history, and pretty much lived in some fantasy land. Apparently he didn't know that sometimes, you get yelled at as a midshipman, had to have some of discipline, and take orders from superior officers. NROTC was pretty mild as it is and getting screamed at, in hindsight, was pretty ghey. Needless to say, he didn't make it through the year. If you can't make it through NROTC, then you just didn't want it because there is no easier way to become a Naval Officer. He would have never made it in aviation anyway. Naval aviation is so very different from what you read in books, magazines, or see in movies.

I'm not picking on you Guns, but buddy, you need to get out more. Or at least get some if you know what I mean. Good on you for your enthusiasm. Use that as your motivation but just know your perception is most likely not reality. Good luck in your endeavors.

G

GunsVF-103

Thanks, man...

It's just my enthusiasm that seems to stand out more.... I do Know about the ass-chewings anyone gets when they start anything in the military... I hear A LOT of stories of scary instructors....
I know a USMC SGTMAJ who spent 2 tours as a DI at Quantico, and even was an instructor at the USNA himself... and I know that I'm gonna prolly spend the frist few weeks at Annapolis/NROTC/OCS askin myself "What have I gotten myself into?" But I plan to use my enthusiasm to get me through those first few weeks. Besides, I'm doin' this to prove something to myself, nobody else.

And for the Last Time, why dose everybody here think I don't get out?? I'm here for like not even 24 hours and I bet y'all think you got me figured out, eh?

Geez, I knew it was a bad Idea to decide to stay at home for X-mas Eve....

Oh, and as for me being an "Ike" That's from 8 years of on-the-side accumulated knowledge... I Didn't just get into this stuff overnight......

kimphil

Originally posted by vegita1220
Less games and ficitious bios that take bits out of Macross...
angel_125.gif

When is the military going to procure planes that change into giant robots? I'm much more interested in robot time than flight time.
propeller_125.gif

BTW, Merry Christmas, Happy Hannakuh, Killer Kwansa, and jolly Festivus!
xmas_125.gif

av8tor

I know everyone has a fantasy life, mine is to party like a rock star, but after reading your bio your starting to scare me.