• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot/ NFO "Rolling" Boards MAR/APR 2013

halfbreed83

So just got off the phone with my OR. He said that there was an aviation board held yesterday and that word should start trickling down in a few days... PUMPED!
So they had a board on Monday? Earlier in the thread a few postings stated the had a board the beginning of April also! Man these rolling boards are looking good!

RiseR 25

aw, come on.. worst case scenario, we have to wait until july. applications for the next official board are due by june 19th, and i doubt there's gonna be a sudden influx of competitive applicants within the next six weeks. stay positive!!

Why would you think there wouldn't be a sudden influx? People are starting to graduate college. Very qualified, very highly motivated applicants I would suspect.

arianjalali

Why would you think there wouldn't be a sudden influx? People are starting to graduate college. Very qualified, very highly motivated applicants I would suspect.

I don't know how streamlined the application process is in other NRDs, but between your recruiter's workload/motivation and all the paperwork one has to fill out.. It just doesn't seem feasible to accomplish in that short of a time frame. Also, I'd surmise those graduating now have already been planning this decision for a little while ;).. but hey, what do I know, that's just my two cents!

NavySquid26

PRO-REC Y Supply June 2013
It seems odd that we would know about a rolling board this soon after receiving results from a board that was supposedly held "weeks" ago. Can anyone else confirm that a board may have taken place recently? And even if one has been completed, I would be surprised if we heard of the results any time soon based on how long it took the last results to come out...that would be awesome though. Also...there may be an influx. I wasn't even aware I was qualified for NFO before my OR told me now is a great time to apply because of the selection rates. That's why my package is in....and we pushed to get it done ASAP...either way, hope to hear something soon :D

RiseR 25

I don't know how streamlined the application process is in other NRDs, but between your recruiter's workload/motivation and all the paperwork one has to fill out.. It just doesn't seem feasible to accomplish in that short of a time frame. Also, I'd surmise those graduating now have already been planning this decision for a little while ;).. but hey, what do I know, that's just my two cents!

Ok got the .02. My recruiter got in 4 SNAs back in January. The slots can and they do fill up fast.

NavySquid26

CONGRATS! Although now I'm confused lol. I was told the results we are hearing about are from a board from several weeks ago...so if your package went in on the 23rd there had to have been a recent board. And my package should have been in by then :/ fingers crossed? lol

Calculon

It's Calculon! Hit the deck!
Typically, people have heard results from board results within 1-2 weeks of the board being held, so "weeks ago" is a very vague answer. If people were finding out last Thursday/Friday, it's possible they held one at the end of April/beginning of May

Either way, don't think too much about it - get your application complete and clean in early and you'll have one less thing to stress about

NavySquid26

Typically, people have heard results from board results within 1-2 weeks of the board being held, so "weeks ago" is a very vague answer. If people were finding out last Thursday/Friday, it's possible they held one at the end of April/beginning of May

Either way, don't think too much about it - get your application complete and clean in early and you'll have one less thing to stress about

It is vague lol. My package is in and ready to go, and to be honest I'm not stressed about it. I'm very used to the Navy's hurry up and wait mentality and this is nothing new. Just trying to sort through an endless stream of rumors!

halfbreed83

My OR told me that my package is still under review at tennessee and they are still going over it, does anyone know how long it usually takes from this point till it goes to the review board?

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
Is there anyone else out there who is awaiting their PQ Letter from MEPS? I have been told that mine has yet to come in, and I am wondering if it is something I need to be worried about, or that it is normal. Thanks in advance!