• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot/ NFO "Rolling" Boards MAR/APR 2013

TheBall77

Is the end of July yet?
About my package;
I turn 29 in September, prior service 5 years on USS Tarawa in the surface navy, spent last 2.5 years as E-5 (ep/mp/mp), LOR from retired chief to O3/3 jobs/doctor friend, Georgia State University BBA Finance 2.89 gpa (finished in 2.5 years) ASTB 56 7/7/7.

Can't tell you how pumped I am. Good luck to everyone. My recruiter said the email was sent out of format so they were having some trouble looking at it at first. I did not get selected SNA but that could be due to my age.

That’s great news brother! I’m happy for you.
It looks as though our backgrounds are very similar. I turn 29 in OCT, 5 years prior (MA), 3.59 GPA, and some solid LOR’s, 5 letters from officers I know from active duty (all are 0-5’s and one 0-6), and one from a previous professor.
I have to take the ASTB for the first time next week. I took the OAR about 6 months ago and didn’t do so well. I got a 40 on the OAR, but I didn’t study. I’ve been studying for ASTB now for the past two months and was wondering what you used to get your solid scores. So far I’ve been using the study guide I found on Air Warriors, The Petersons Officer Candidate Test book, an ARCO Military Flight Test book 6th edition, and I’ve been receiving math and physics tutoring from some professors here at the university I work at. I really want to do well on this test. I really want to fly.
Another question for you, did you have to complete your MEPS physical and submit it with your package? Do you have your private pilot’s licenses or do any flying for recreation? Thanks man and best of luck to you at OCS!

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Ahhhh you're not a prior. I'm 29 in September, would have had my packet in 2 years ago but a recruiter refused to put one in for me because he said I'd '' never get in with all my tattoos''. I hope to see him in the fleet one day. Hopefully we both get the next ocs date.

Wouldn't you need to be in a OCS class by June the latest?

John Gil

It looks as though our backgrounds are very similar. I turn 29 in OCT, 5 years prior (MA), 3.59 GPA, and some solid LOR’s, 5 letters from officers I know from active duty (all are 0-5’s and one 0-6), and one from a previous professor.
I have to take the ASTB for the first time next week. I took the OAR about 6 months ago and didn’t do so well. I got a 40 on the OAR, but I didn’t study. I’ve been studying for ASTB now for the past two months and was wondering what you used to get your solid scores. So far I’ve been using the study guide I found on Air Warriors, The Petersons Officer Candidate Test book, an ARCO Military Flight Test book 6th edition, and I’ve been receiving math and physics tutoring from some professors here at the university I work at. I really want to do well on this test. I really want to fly.
Another question for you, did you have to complete your MEPS physical and submit it with your package? Do you have your private pilot’s licenses or do any flying for recreation? Thanks man and best of luck to you at OCS!
You're going to have a solid package. Mostly I used the Barrons book and did all the tests I could. Know how to work the problem as a while not just how to solve the ones in the book. For aviation stuff know your basic stuff you learned from the fleet. I have never had any flight training. I did put in a monster motivational statement.

Kmiller361

http://www.nelnetsolutions.com/dod/DODHubPage.aspx?sponsor=12894&HubPage=15150

This site was helpful for me. Do more than just the astb portion and do the questions till you can score 100. The gliem private pilot book will be very helpful for the aviation portion. For the spatial apperception study the pictures or get on a flight simulator. Microsoft has a free one online you can mess around with. If you don't having any flight time, maybe take a discovery flight after you read about some concepts to help solidly the concepts.

John Gil

http://www.nelnetsolutions.com/dod/DODHubPage.aspx?sponsor=12894&HubPage=15150

This site was helpful for me. Do more than just the astb portion and do the questions till you can score 100. The gliem private pilot book will be very helpful for the aviation portion. For the spatial apperception study the pictures or get on a flight simulator. Microsoft has a free one online you can mess around with. If you don't having any flight time, maybe take a discovery flight after you read about some concepts to help solidly the concepts.
I also read the FAA handbook. Also remember to READ THE DIRECTIONS BEFORE THE SPATIAL TEST. It have an extra option the books don't account for.

Kmiller361

I also read the FAA handbook. Also remember to READ THE DIRECTIONS BEFORE THE SPATIAL TEST. It have an extra option the books don't account for.

I have the FFA handbook as well, it's worth reading. The gliem book basically condenses all that material and puts it in a test format and gives you a discussion with each answer. another thing to take in mind is that the pictures on the spatial apperception portion is that the pictures are crap. Don't get used to the ones in the book. Find some bad ones, like the ones in the marine gouge, I think and study those.

NavySquid26

PRO-REC Y Supply June 2013
Pro-reced SNA!!!

Packet went in early April.
65 7 7 7
3.4 engineering GPA

Good luck to the rest!!

Great to hear another person on the list made it! Congrats! If you happen to hear when that board was, it would be really helpful. Has anyone been turned down from the list Vandyman made up?

NavySquid26

Wow!! Way to go! What a great time to have slipped in!

Mine was originally pro boarded at the end of March, but was bounced back April 22nd, and was pro boarded again May 1st.

My OR did mention that he is confident another board will be held before July.

So...? Who is still waiting at this point?

I'm still waiting, we may need someone to start a new list!

NavySquid26

Just talked to my recruiter 20 minutes ago. Selected SNA/SNFO!!!

ATSB: 6/5/6 60
GPA: 3.15 with a chemistry major

SWO is first choice and was told a board for SWO is due in the first week of June!
Hey congrats! Do you know when your package was submitted by chance?

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
Just talked to my recruiter 20 minutes ago. Selected SNA/SNFO!!!

ATSB: 6/5/6 60
GPA: 3.15 with a chemistry major

SWO is first choice and was told a board for SWO is due in the first week of June!
You going to wait till the SWO board?