• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot/ NFO "Rolling" Boards MAR/APR 2013

exNavyOffRec

is the GPA calculation worksheet used for graduate degrees, since all my classes are in the same area? also, do you know if the board looks more heavily at graduate grades versus undergraduate grades? i had a 3.1 undergrad, so i went back for graduate studies to help remedy that GPA.. and now i have a 3.8

on the calculation sheet it is weighted the same, so here is a simple example: person has 4 year degree 2.00 and grad degree 4.00 for undergrad total GPA points would be 240 (240/120 credits gives 2.00) and grad it would be 240 (240/60 credits gives 4.00) combined 480/180 gives overall gpa of 2.67

exNavyOffRec

Normally the lowest score you'd see is 6s mixed with a 7 with either a great GPA and Major or some ridiculous LORs. From my understanding the Navy right now is below their FY13 OCS (SNA/SNFO) quota so they are really lightening up on scores until these spots are filled. The higher standards will no doubt return.. So those that applied within the last two boards got really lucky with their application's timing

correct, many people were found NPQ or declined, etc...... which put them in a bind, this never happened when boards were nearly every month.

mtaylor

Meatgazer
Well my hope was that my recruiter was out of town Friday and thus wasn't able to tell me if I was selected or not, and that I would find out today. But...
He checked his computer for me, and apparently my packet hasn't moved since April 12.
It got there March 15, and was "checked off" by Pilot, NFO and SWO boards. But no new action has been taken or decision made on it as no board has convened to review it.

I told him about following this forum and that people who had submitted packets after me in March had just heard this past Friday that they were selected, so it is odd that mine wasn't a part of that group. He agreed and said he would make a call to the OCS people and try to talk to someone.

I'll let y'all know what I find out.

Vandyman

I'm
Well my hope was that my recruiter was out of town Friday and thus wasn't able to tell me if I was selected or not, and that I would find out today. But...
He checked his computer for me, and apparently my packet hasn't moved since April 12.
It got there March 15, and was "checked off" by Pilot, NFO and SWO boards. But no new action has been taken or decision made on it as no board has convened to review it.

I told him about following this forum and that people who had submitted packets after me in March had just heard this past Friday that they were selected, so it is odd that mine wasn't a part of that group. He agreed and said he would make a call to the OCS people and try to talk to someone.

I'll let y'all know what I find out.

I'm in the exact same boat as you.. No word on my packet. OR said he hadn't heard anything. Let me know what yours ends up saying

Z0gsxr

Same here... Although my packet was bounced back one for a discrepancy and apparently lost pro board status for a few days.... With my luck, those few days precluded me from the "board" that apparently meant. I called my OR, no luck. He said I was pro boarded, but that my kit hadn't moved to a community. I'm pressing now to figure out when the board meant, and what the select rate was.

Also, a question, if your kit does make it to a board and you weren't selected, is that immediately obvious to your recruiter?

Nsmith29

Are prior enlisted applicants the only people who know anything right now? That may be a clue to why some of us haven't received word yet.

mtaylor

Meatgazer
Same here... Although my packet was bounced back one for a discrepancy and apparently lost pro board status for a few days.... With my luck, those few days precluded me from the "board" that apparently meant. I called my OR, no luck. He said I was pro boarded, but that my kit hadn't moved to a community. I'm pressing now to figure out when the board meant, and what the select rate was.

Also, a question, if your kit does make it to a board and you weren't selected, is that immediately obvious to your recruiter?

Thats unfortunate it got bounced back. I've wondered if you get to take your place you previously had but most likely you will get kicked to the back of the line right?
I believe that is correct. Your recruiter would see it say you were not selected for any of the communities you applied for.