• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot/ NFO "Rolling" Boards MAR/APR 2013

VFRonly

Pro-Rec SNFO May, 3rd 2013
My OR called me today to let me know about the rolling board, and I'm in the NRD Seattle Region. I can't wait to get my application in for this!

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
My OR called me today to let me know about the rolling board, and I'm in the NRD Seattle Region. I can't wait to get my application in for this!

So do we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there will be a rolling-board? Does anybody have dates for this??

BleedGreen

pilot
So do we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that there will be a rolling-board? Does anybody have dates for this??
The way it was described to me was they "could" have one if the president of the board so chooses. It is unofficial so they won't release any dates .(as of now)

Calculon

It's Calculon! Hit the deck!
And regardless, it's always a good idea to get your app in earlier. Way too many people find out their package had issues or other problems but because they submitted it too late, they missed the board entirely before changes could be made

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It would be rare indeed in the present fiscal climate, that anyone could guarantee anything "beyond a shadow of a doubt"! It's hard for planning right now, so much patience will be required in regard to upcoming boards.;)
BzB

John Gil

My package also went in a few weeks ago for next 'rolling' or regular board. My OR and processor said they had a deadline about March 15th to get packages in for the next one. Who knows how accurate that info is nut thought I'd put it out there.

28/prior/DC2(SW/AW)
56 7/7/7
SNA/SNFO/SWO

patton307

so if they do decide to have another board in the near future, would they tell the OR's the deadline date? I asked my OR about the board and he does not have specifics on it. But that I probably would not make it since my package has not been submitted. Would they give you say a week or so notice to get everything in?

John Gil

I can only speak to what my processor and OR told me, that being said, I was told at the beginning of March that I had to have mine in by the 15th if I wanted to be considered on the next board. They said that was sent down to them, but there was no locked in date for the board. Again, this is just the info I got, my OR and processor could have misinformation, it's always best to verify through your OR.

VFRonly

Pro-Rec SNFO May, 3rd 2013
I got all of my stuff put together for this one three days ago after my OR called me on Tuesday March 19th to let me know about a possible rolling board. My OR never mentioned a deadline for packets being submitted so I like most of us here haven't heard any dates about it all. All I can say is that I hope my stuff isn't too late, and I scrambled to get everything together as fast as I could after I was notified about the need to apply. I may talk to my OR over the phone tomorrow to follow up on my application so if she tells me any more details we haven't heard before I will be sure to post them (Whether it's accurate info is questionable of course). I wish the best of luck to everyone applying!

25 M/ Prior AS3 (AW)
SNFO, SWO
47 OAR 5/6/5
Private Pilot
3.80 GPA