• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot/ NFO "Rolling" Boards MAR/APR 2013

exNavyOffRec

My name's in the hat for this board, when/if it meets.

28/m/prior AT2(AW)
Put in for SNA and SNFO

Good luck to everyone!

You and John Gil are close to the max age for SNA, should you be selected SNA make sure your processor lets NRC know you are age critical.

exNavyOffRec

Will do Sir. Thanks.

My post was late and I should have explained a bit more so you have a timeline to go off of, the max age is "commissioned by" so in this case take your 29th birthday and go back 3 months, then add one month for receiving FS letter, then add another for the board, that rough estimate should help you with the timeline.

delta215

My post was late and I should have explained a bit more so you have a timeline to go off of, the max age is "commissioned by" so in this case take your 29th birthday and go back 3 months, then add one month for receiving FS letter, then add another for the board, that rough estimate should help you with the timeline.

Definitely aware that time is not on my side. I hate that I missed that March board!

I am going into this board (whenever it happens...hopefully SOON) fully PQ'd and ready to ship for OCS "immediately". Would you say these things are positives that help WRT my age? SNA/SNFO were my selections.

exNavyOffRec

Definitely aware that time is not on my side. I hate that I missed that March board!

I am going into this board (whenever it happens) fully PQ'd and ready to ship for OCS "immediately". Would you say these things are positives that help WRT my age? SNA/SNFO were my selections.

yes, but there has to be time for them to work with, if the results come back only 4 months from your birthday it is pushing it, anything less and real iffy.

delta215

yes, but there has to be time for them to work with, if the results come back only 4 months from your birthday it is pushing it, anything less and real iffy.

Just so I understand the OPNAV, for prior service applicants: SNA is "commissioned by" 29th birthday, while SNFO is "commissioned by" 31st birthday. As I read it, SNA has a 24 month age waiver and SNFO has a 48 month age waiver. My birthday is August 15. From what I can tell I'd need the 21Apr or 12May OCS classes to meet the SNA age requirements. Am I on the right page here?

John Gil

Thank you for the heads up NavyOffRec. I thought I had a little more time to work with being prior service .

exNavyOffRec

Just so I understand the OPNAV, for prior service applicants: SNA is "commissioned by" 29th birthday, while SNFO is "commissioned by" 31st birthday. As I read it, SNA has a 24 month age waiver and SNFO has a 48 month age waiver. My birthday is August 15. From what I can tell I'd need the 21Apr or 12May OCS classes to meet the SNA age requirements. Am I on the right page here?

Correct

MarpatCam

All,

Last Friday I was informed (by my OR) that as the packages are submitted they are being reviewed and results are being sent out. My Kit was sent up-line last Thursday so hopefully I will know soon. 24 year old/Prior Sergeant of Marines E-5 applying for Pilot and NFO! Good Luck to each and every one of you.

-MarpatCam

MurphyM11

15 September 2013 OCS - SNA
All,

Last Friday I was informed (by my OR) that as the packages are submitted they are being reviewed and results are being sent out. My Kit was sent up-line last Thursday so hopefully I will know soon. 24 year old/Prior Sergeant of Marines E-5 applying for Pilot and NFO! Good Luck to each and every one of you.

-MarpatCam

Does anyone know how long it takes a package to be processed once they get to Tennessee? If MarpatCam's information is accurate should I expect results soon? My OR sent my package in about a week ago and I haven't heard anything either way...

Trying to be patient.

MarpatCam

Does anyone know how long it takes a package to be processed once they get to Tennessee? If MarpatCam's information is accurate should I expect results soon? My OR sent my package in about a week ago and I haven't heard anything either way...

Trying to be patient.

Murph,
I feel like you and I are in the same boat, my friend. I live in South Carolina so my package shouldn't take long to get there. However, I cannot give you the answer to how long it takes once it gets there to be approved/rejected. Anyone else have input?

John Gil

Murph,
I feel like you and I are in the same boat, my friend. I live in South Carolina so my package shouldn't take long to get there. However, I cannot give you the answer to how long it takes once it gets there to be approved/rejected. Anyone else have input?

My OR and processor told me today that they extended the date for submission until this Friday, so the board wont be heald for a few weeks after that to a lot time for processing. My package went in and was cleared a month ago.... I'm tired of waiting for these unknown boards.

BleedGreen

pilot
I just got my revised letter from N3M qualifying me for aviation. Hopefully I can submit my package before Friday as well
Applying for SNA
7/8/7 59
GPA: 3.57 BS in Management
LOR's: CAPT, LCDR/OIC, Senior Chief from my unit, Helicopter superintendent for USFS (current supervisor), and community organizer
Physical: PQ
110o hours volunteer time with San Diego County Fire

delta215

I just got my revised letter from N3M qualifying me for aviation. Hopefully I can submit my package before Friday as well
Applying for SNA
7/8/7 59
GPA: 3.57 BS in Management
LOR's: CAPT, LCDR/OIC, Senior Chief from my unit, Helicopter superintendent for USFS (current supervisor), and community organizer
Physical: PQ
110o hours volunteer time with San Diego County Fire

What was the turnaround time? I'm waiting for one too for depth perception. Hopefully it's back before Friday.