• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot/ NFO "Rolling" Boards MAR/APR 2013

John Gil

What was the turnaround time? I'm waiting for one too for depth perception. Hopefully it's back before Friday.
I got mine back in like a week, real fast after the docs went up. Mine was for depth as well being that the test at meps isn't accurate. Falure for depth is common from my understanding once they see the document saying you have passed it's cleared.

patton307

I asked my OR today if he has heard anything regarding these April boards and he had not. Is it common for some ORs to not hear everything?

Jrr12

My OR also has never heard of the April board. It seems a little odd that some recruiters would be so far out of the loop considering its their job to know these things. Hopefully they are just being discreet until there are some actual dates set

BleedGreen

pilot
I asked my OR today if he has heard anything regarding these April boards and he had not. Is it common for some ORs to not hear everything?

I know my NRD is usually a few days to a week behind every other NRD. I have broke news to my recruiter on numerous occasions before he received anything on new boards, policy changes etc.
These guys are always on top of things if your interested in the latest news with Officer Recruiting.

VFRonly

Pro-Rec SNFO May, 3rd 2013
I'm in NRD Seattle and my OR seems to do a good job on keeping current on boards, deadlines, etc. I asked her about a deadline for applications and she said there was no deadline because they're switching to rolling boards. I my self am waiting on my conditional release (DD-368) extension to come back from Pers-9 but my processor expects it to show up tomorrow. If the deadline is this Friday as John Gil mentioned, I wish everyone the best of luck on getting all of their stuff in on time!

John Gil

My OR isn't exactly up to date most the time, I told him when the last results came out and he told me for 2 days that in was wrong and no results were back that fast, that it was '' impossible ''. I work directly through my processor for the most part as he is prior as well so he feels my pain. I'm going to call again tomorrow and see if he has any info, but last he told me was he had heard no word on when a board would be held or when results could be expected.

BleedGreen

pilot
I'm in NRD Seattle and my OR seems to do a good job on keeping current on boards, deadlines, etc. I asked her about a deadline for applications and she said there was no deadline because they're switching to rolling boards. I my self am waiting on my conditional release (DD-368) extension to come back from Pers-9 but my processor expects it to show up tomorrow. If the deadline is this Friday as John Gil mentioned, I wish everyone the best of luck on getting all of their stuff in on time!
How long has your conditional release taken so far? I had my CO sign a 368 and my recruiter seems to think that is sufficient enough. Are you in the Reserves?

VFRonly

How long has your conditional release taken so far? I had my CO sign a 368 and my recruiter seems to think that is sufficient enough. Are you in the Reserves?

Yes I am a reservist. Well the first time that I routed my conditional release it took about three weeks but that was in December around the holidays so I assume that it may be faster this time of year. I only had to get an extension this time because, I decided not to apply to the March board so I could improve my ASTB scores. As far as your CO signing the 368, that may not be good enough because from what my OR told me only someone in Manpower (at Pers-9) is authorized to sign the 368. However you are supposed to route the 368 with a LOR from your CO. I don't know if I am right or wrong on this however and maybe NavyOffRec can clarify on the gouge your recruiter gave you on your conditional release.

BleedGreen

pilot
Yes I am a reservist. Well the first time that I routed my conditional release it took about three weeks but that was in December around the holidays so I assume that it may be faster this time of year. I only had to get an extension this time because, I decided not to apply to the March board so I could improve my ASTB scores. As far as your CO signing the 368, that may not be good enough because from what my OR told me only someone in Manpower (at Pers-9) is authorized to sign the 368. However you are supposed to route the 368 with a LOR from your CO. I don't know if I am right or wrong on this however and maybe NavyOffRec can clarify on the gouge your recruiter gave you on your conditional release.
I am willing to be your recruiter is right on this one, I have very little faith the NRD I've been working with. I would switch recruiters now but I am so close to just getting my package in. My checklist is complete except now I am kind of worried about the conditional release. At least I already have a LOR from him stating he is ok with releasing me.

VFRonly

I am willing to be your recruiter is right on this one, I have very little faith the NRD I've been working with. I would switch recruiters now but I am so close to just getting my package in. My checklist is complete except now I am kind of worried about the conditional release. At least I already have a LOR from him stating he is ok with releasing me.

That's too bad dude. At least you have that LOR in your corner. I hope that it works out and your recruiter is right on this specific issue. Through the whole application process part of me has been wishing that I wasn't Sel-Res because it really has made it tougher as far as required paperwork, but I have confidence that it will all be worth it in the end.

VFRonly

So I was reading through the recent posts on the Texas Navy website (http://recruitingcommand.com/texasnavy/) and there is one titled "Navy Pay" that says "While at OCS you are considered an E-3 OC (officer candidate). Upon graduation you become an O-1 (Ensign)". However I know that the last time I read the Navy regulation for applying to OCS it said you were considered an E-5 OC while at OCS until you are commissioned, does anyone know if they changed it to E-3 recently?

John Gil

So I was reading through the recent posts on the Texas Navy website (http://recruitingcommand.com/texasnavy/) and there is one titled "Navy Pay" that says "While at OCS you are considered an E-3 OC (officer candidate). Upon graduation you become an O-1 (Ensign)". However I know that the last time I read the Navy regulation for applying to OCS it said you were considered an E-5 OC while at OCS until you are commissioned, does anyone know if they changed it to E-3 recently?
From my understanding it is still E-5, but my processor had told me previously that being I was a prior E-5 I would be paid at my exit rank no matter what. (I had made E-6 on text but never put on, and if I had put it on, I would have been paid for E-6 through OCS)