• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot/ NFO "Rolling" Boards MAR/APR 2013

MurphyM11

15 September 2013 OCS - SNA
7's are a lot more common than people think and up until the last few months were considered "average", here is what happens to have low scores show up, some NRD's have no clue on how to actually administer the ASTB, so if a person is going for SWO or Supply they only need the OAR, but the NRD makes them take the entire ASTB, so you get people who score low on AQR, PFAR and FOFAR.

Its because of what NavyOffRec said I assume. People who have no interest in aviation/no knowledge/did not prepare for those sections take the full ASTB and subsequently drop the averages from what they would be if only flight interested applicants took it. Though feel free to tell me my assumption is wrong!

John Gil

I will study as soon as I find something out. I'm not one to give up ship immediately...

I have seen people on AW get in with lower scores than I

Just let me find something out at the start of next week, or whenever this next board is... and then I will re-take the test.

I think you should reread my last post. As i said, even if you do make it, studying the info will help you out if you do make it. being ahead of the power curve pays dividends in the fleet. that is spoken from experience. Also, someone getting in with lower scores than you isn't a point of pride in my opinion, you should want to be the best, not "at least I'm not last"

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
Also, someone getting in with lower scores than you isn't a point of pride in my opinion, you should want to be the best, not "at least I'm not last"

I understand it helps out... I'm sure it does tremendously!! I have studied as much as I possibly can. And I respect the fact that you know a lot about this topic, and thank you for serving already.

Lets just see how next week pans out. Its not a question of having it as a point of pride in my book, as much as its a sign of hope for the underdog of test takers right now. I've had to overcome a great deal of adversity with trying to even make it up to this point of where I'm at. My main goal is to serve my country FIRST &FOREMOST as I understand this is everyone's goal up here. And after our feet are in the door, its not like it matters in the first place. We all are on equal terrain at that point. This will be my last post until I find something out. Good luck ladies and gents.

John Gil

[quote="GISpirate12, post: 740839, member: 374 And after our feet are in the door, its not like it matters in the first place.[/quote]

I couldn't disagree more. Everything you d, or dont do, today effects tomorrow. I hope for your sake, you don't find that out the hard way.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
And after our feet are in the door, its not like it matters in the first place. We all are on equal terrain at that point. This will be my last post until I find something out. Good luck ladies and gents.
Not true, it does matter. Everything you learn studying for the ASTB, will benefit you, especially in API (preflight), and in primary. EVERYTHING matters!;)
BzB

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
Okay guys well that's it. I made a bad post. All I can do now is just be patient, and learn from my mistakes on speaking out of line on something I obviously know nothing about. I am simply letting the anxiety take over my character at the moment. I will learn from speaking out of line, and promise to become better at talking professionally regardless. Thanks for keeping me level headed.

BleedGreen

pilot
Well I called my recruiter today and he still has my packet in his office for some reason. I guess I'll be waiting it out until next month or at the very least for July. Not the end of the world as I'm sure it will be here before we know it...

VFRonly

Pro-Rec SNFO May, 3rd 2013
Well I called my recruiter today and he still has my packet in his office for some reason. I guess I'll be waiting it out until next month or at the very least for July. Not the end of the world as I'm sure it will be here before we know it...

Sorry to hear that man! I know that feeling. My application was actually submitted today by my NRD so it may or may not make it to tomorrow's board (if it does take place).

BleedGreen

pilot
Sorry to hear that man! I know that feeling. My application was actually submitted today by my NRD so it may or may not make it to tomorrow's board (if it does take place).
ahh that's too bad but hopefully you get lucky and make it on time. I've asked him if he had a goal in mind on when he wants to submit my packet but he just says asap. I never realized how much work they have to do even after the applicant has turned in all the appropriate paperwork.

AirGuy

Its because of what NavyOffRec said I assume. People who have no interest in aviation/no knowledge/did not prepare for those sections take the full ASTB and subsequently drop the averages from what they would be if only flight interested applicants took it. Though feel free to tell me my assumption is wrong!

How are 7's average when it says on the ASTB online that 7% of test takers get a 7/7 on AQR and PFAQR.

Spenz, where did you get that info from? Are you sure you weren't just looking at the stanines?

It's hard to believe that a few mistaken test would make the entire ASTB average go down. Either way you are competing with the group of people you applied with.

NavyOffRec, from what you have seen do most SNA /SFNO applicants have 7's?

VFRonly

Pro-Rec SNFO May, 3rd 2013
ahh that's too bad but hopefully you get lucky and make it on time. I've asked him if he had a goal in mind on when he wants to submit my packet but he just says asap. I never realized how much work they have to do even after the applicant has turned in all the appropriate paperwork.
Yeah I know, my application had to be signed by several people at the NRD HQ before it could be sent out to NRC. Thank you. I hope it makes it also but it's out of my hands at this point so as they say, hope for the best but prepare for the worst. My processor and OR insist a board will meet in May so the thought of that helps.

Z0gsxr

That's a bummer man... I'm sorry to hear that, but maybe this is what starts the ball "rolling" and the boards will meet every week or so to peruse new applications?! That would be sweet!

I wonder where the heck my app is, as I still haven't gone through MEPS, and it seems as if there is something I'm always needing to touch up...

Once an application is "pro-boarded" or "at board" (those are the same things, correct?) can something silly drop it from that status? My OR told me that's where mine is, but a request for references that weren't available came down, that tattoo/ body mutilation form came down, and my meps was postponed because I had taken an aptitude test with another service, and I was "with" that service as far as MEPS was concerned...

Also, if this "board" happens to meet Thursday, when could we realistically expect good or bad news?