• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot/ NFO "Rolling" Boards MAR/APR 2013

BleedGreen

pilot
That's a bummer man... I'm sorry to hear that, but maybe this is what starts the ball "rolling" and the boards will meet every week or so to peruse new applications?! That would be sweet!

I wonder where the heck my app is, as I still haven't gone through MEPS, and it seems as if there is something I'm always needing to touch up...

Once an application is "pro-boarded" or "at board" (those are the same things, correct?) can something silly drop it from that status? My OR told me that's where mine is, but a request for references that weren't available came down, that tattoo/ body mutilation form came down, and my meps was postponed because I had taken an aptitude test with another service, and I was "with" that service as far as MEPS was concerned...

Also, if this "board" happens to meet Thursday, when could we realistically expect good or bad news?
The whole " with another service" has got me a little worried now. I took the Army's SIFT not to long ago but that was all I did.
What exactly happened when you were postponed?

mspillar

Yeah I know, my application had to be signed by several people at the NRD HQ before it could be sent out to NRC. Thank you. I hope it makes it also but it's out of my hands at this point so as they say, hope for the best but prepare for the worst. My processor and OR insist a board will meet in May so the thought of that helps.

Talked to my recruiter on the phone this morning as he was driving down to drop mine off, I'm in the same boat with the fingers crossed waiting game. My recruiter didn't confirm anything about a board tomorrow beyond saying that we should know in the next few weeks or so here (which is what he's said all along). All this extra energy now that the ASTB is over and our packets are on their way in can only be channeled to one thing... running, push-ups, sit-ups, pull ups, flutterkicks, repeat haha (and reading anything available to prepare for the possible outcomes ahead)

If there is a board tomorrow I hope the best for everyone!

exNavyOffRec

Spenz, where did you get that info from? Are you sure you weren't just looking at the stanines?

It's hard to believe that a few mistaken test would make the entire ASTB average go down. Either way you are competing with the group of people you applied with.

NavyOffRec, from what you have seen do most SNA /SFNO applicants have 7's?

actually no most of mine had 8's or 9's, some had 7's, I had few put in with 6's, since I was at the HQ I would see all the applications generally the other OR's had guys with mostly 7's or 8's, and a few 6's as well.

I actually talked to my applicants before they took the test, I would tell them to study, not so much to "learn everything" but to understand the type of questions and be familiar with the format of the exam, that I hoped would reduce some stress and "the unknown" of the ASTB.

VFRonly

Pro-Rec SNFO May, 3rd 2013
Talked to my recruiter on the phone this morning as he was driving down to drop mine off, I'm in the same boat with the fingers crossed waiting game. My recruiter didn't confirm anything about a board tomorrow beyond saying that we should know in the next few weeks or so here (which is what he's said all along). All this extra energy now that the ASTB is over and our packets are on their way in can only be channeled to one thing... running, push-ups, sit-ups, pull ups, flutterkicks, repeat haha (and reading anything available to prepare for the possible outcomes ahead)

If there is a board tomorrow I hope the best for everyone!

Well I am glad that I'm not the only one in this situation. Good luck on your stuff making it in time if it truly does happen. My OR confirmed that the board SHOULD convene tomorrow and she would call and confirm whether my application made it or not. I agree with the exercise craziness, I did a mock PRT this morning haha.

Z0gsxr

So lets say there is a board convening today... Would it show in the personnel system that our applications had been given to this board? I.e. would there be a status change from where they had been shown in the last few days?

Also, if there is a board, I hope everyone's hard work, determination, and perseverance are meant with an invitation to work harder! Best of luck!

FLYNAVY15

FUBIJAR
pilot
My recruiter has heard nothing so far about a possible board. This is not to say that there wont be one, but that all is quiet from my source. How long does a "rolling board" last? Can packages be submitted to the board as they are meeting?

RiseR 25

So lets say there is a board convening today... Would it show in the personnel system that our applications had been given to this board? I.e. would there be a status change from where they had been shown in the last few days?

Also, if there is a board, I hope everyone's hard work, determination, and perseverance are meant with an invitation to work harder! Best of luck!

You can access a personnel system...?

Z0gsxr

You can access a personnel system...?
No, I can't... But I know there is a system that monitors your applications progress along it's way. It's an information management system. I know recruiters can access it. NavyOffRec has mentioned it on this forum somewhere....

Shermin Manalel

Hey all! I received a call from Chief last night and he told me there was an opening for OCS this Sunday, April 21st. I obviously jumped on the opportunity, went into his office today, signed some last minute paperwork and received my Selection Letter for the NFO slot (all within a matter of an hour or so). I'll finish up the last of the paperwork tomorrow and will be sworn in.

A little bit on my background: Bachelor of Science in Aviation from Western Michigan University with a 3.00 CGPA. 5/6/5 on the ASTB. I'm pretty sure my Motivational Statement and my Professional Reference letters are what helped me get selected as my GPA and ASTB were sub-par and not that competitive. (GISpirate12 and everyone, make sure your Motivational Statement is outstanding and you get substantial references as they'll help you make up the slack in the aptitude test and/or grades. I know it varies from board to board, but those facets seemed to serve me pretty well!)

I can't tell you how many different emotions are racing through me right now: excitement and nervousness mainly :) :eek: . I've waited, we've ALL waited, for SO long and it's finally here. I intend on doing my very best!

I can't speak for everyone as the completion of your kit and the diligence of your Recruiter will determine when you will be able to head out, but I was told the next OCS date is May 12th so I'm sure most of you will be hearing back within the coming weeks. Patience is the key. Continue to prepare physically and mentally as you have been.

The posts on this forum have helped me tremendously in my preparation and I thank you all. I wish all of you the best of luck and I hope to see you guys/gals in the coming months!

HOOYAH!!

BleedGreen

pilot
Hey all! I received a call from Chief last night and he told me there was an opening for OCS this Sunday, April 21st. I obviously jumped on the opportunity, went into his office today, signed some last minute paperwork and received my Selection Letter for the NFO slot (all within a matter of an hour or so). I'll finish up the last of the paperwork tomorrow and will be sworn in.

A little bit on my background: Bachelor of Science in Aviation from Western Michigan University with a 3.00 CGPA. 5/6/5 on the ASTB. I'm pretty sure my Motivational Statement and my Professional Reference letters are what helped me get selected as my GPA and ASTB were sub-par and not that competitive. (GISpirate12 and everyone, make sure your Motivational Statement is outstanding and you get substantial references as they'll help you make up the slack in the aptitude test and/or grades. I know it varies from board to board, but those facets seemed to serve me pretty well!)

I can't tell you how many different emotions are racing through me right now: excitement and nervousness mainly :) :eek: . I've waited, we've ALL waited, for SO long and it's finally here. I intend on doing my very best!

I can't speak for everyone as the completion of your kit and the diligence of your Recruiter will determine when you will be able to head out, but I was told the next OCS date is May 12th so I'm sure most of you will be hearing back within the coming weeks. Patience is the key. Continue to prepare physically and mentally as you have been.

The posts on this forum have helped me tremendously in my preparation and I thank you all. I wish all of you the best of luck and I hope to see you guys/gals in the coming months!

HOOYAH!!

When did you submit your packet?