• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot/ NFO "Rolling" Boards MAR/APR 2013

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
I have a guess as well. When i did my interview with an O-6, he asked me what type of aircraft I wanted to fly. Of course, I said anything they'd give me the keys to, but out of the 2 carriers I had been on all the CAGs/DCAGs and COs/XOs were jet pilots. Therefore, I felt that jets gave me the best opportunity to make major command or flag (command of a carrier and/or carrier strike group for those who don't know). I believe he said something along the lines of last year was the first year that the Navy had more helicopter pilots than any other type of pilot, and helicopters were a great growth opportunity. There's also a quote from an admiral a few years ago stating that a helicopter pilot will command a Carrier Air Wing someday soon. It takes two pilots to to fly a helicopter, unlike a jet. So if the role of helicopters are expected to expand in the next 5-10 years, maybe the Navy is planning for the increase in needed helicopter pilots? Just a guess, I really have no clue what I'm talking about. That's just something that ran through my mind.

But is there any career opportunities for heli pilots post-retirement? I'm completely fine with choppers, but I'm just nervous as to the civilian jobs OUTSIDE the military with regards to helicopter aviation...

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
Thanks Paddy! Figured that much was true. Either way, I'm completely fine with anything the Navy gives me, but i'm hoping to go P-3s. I hope to get into Hurricane Reconnaissance with NOAA after my military career.

So I'm super excited about the possibility of this Thursday board but what if I haven't been pro req'd yet? Will they start pushing applications through faster because the board is meeting? If I am not pro req'd by Thursday will I have to wait until the next board?

VFRonly

Pro-Rec SNFO May, 3rd 2013
So I'm super excited about the possibility of this Thursday board but what if I haven't been pro req'd yet? Will they start pushing applications through faster because the board is meeting? If I am not pro req'd by Thursday will I have to wait until the next board?
I am in the same boat as you because my stuff will actually be sent to NRC today. From what my processor has said my stuff will make it to the board. I think you will be fine. Also it is called Pro-boarded not Pro-req'd (professionally recommended). Pro-req'd is when you get selected by the board for one or more of your designator choices such as Pro-req'd for SNA and NFO as an example. Good luck!

VFRonly

Pro-Rec SNFO May, 3rd 2013
Thanks VFR! If for some reason it doesn't go through though will that hold us up?
Yes if it gets held up in some part of the process that could hold us up unfortunately. Just cross your fingers that it won't be delayed needless to say. NavyOffRec has a great post a little earlier in the thread about the process your application goes through at CNRC to become pro-boarded. I hope this helps.

Yes if it gets held up in some part of the process that could hold us up unfortunately. Just cross your fingers that it won't be delayed needless to say. NavyOffRec has a great post a little earlier in the thread about the process your application goes through at CNRC to become pro-boarded. I hope this helps.
Great thanks a lot. Fingers crossed!

Vandyman

An updated list to encourage new posters

GISpirate12 45 6/ 5/ 5
MurphyM11 59 7/ 7/ 7
John Gil 56 7/ 7/ 7
BleedGreen 59 7/ 8/ 7
Vandyman 65 7/ 7/ 7
delta215 49 5/ 6/ 5
Z0gsxr 65 7/ 7/ 7
alaurin 60 7/ 6/ 6
WMU_Pilot_52 56 6/ 7/ 6
Mr Spenz 61 7/ 7/ 6
Evan Pappas 58 7/ 7/ 7
VFRonly 47 5/ 6/ 5
Jrr12 53 6/ 7/ 6
facevalue 60 7/ 8/ 7
Ipelkn_26 58 7/ 7/ 7
Carder Ehlert 48 6/ 7/ 7
RiseR 25 55 7/ 8/ 8

AirGuy

But is there any career opportunities for heli pilots post-retirement? I'm completely fine with choppers, but I'm just nervous as to the civilian jobs OUTSIDE the military with regards to helicopter aviation...
Speed Enforcement, keeping the highways safe...
speed.jpg

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
An updated list to encourage new posters

GISpirate12 45 6/ 5/ 5
MurphyM11 59 7/ 7/ 7
John Gil 56 7/ 7/ 7
BleedGreen 59 7/ 8/ 7
Vandyman 65 7/ 7/ 7
delta215 49 5/ 6/ 5
Z0gsxr 65 7/ 7/ 7
alaurin 60 7/ 6/ 6
WMU_Pilot_52 56 6/ 7/ 6
Mr Spenz 61 7/ 7/ 6
Evan Pappas 58 7/ 7/ 7
VFRonly 47 5/ 6/ 5
Jrr12 53 6/ 7/ 6
facevalue 60 7/ 8/ 7
Ipelkn_26 58 7/ 7/ 7
Carder Ehlert 48 6/ 7/ 7
RiseR 25 55 7/ 8/ 8

Thanks for the update Vandy, but I actually have a 4 on the AQR :/

Okay guys, look, I am not going to lie.... I keep stressing out, and worrying about my scores. YES I know I can always retest, and I know there's nothing I can do at this point, but honestly, has ANYONE up here seen lower than my scores get picked up for an NFO spot??? I have put together the best possible application that I can, but its still easy on the mind knowing that people have been picked up with similar scores...

MOFIRE

Pro-Rec SWO-EDO

Okay guys, look, I am not going to lie.... I keep stressing out, and worrying about my scores. YES I know I can always retest, and I know there's nothing I can do at this point, but honestly, has ANYONE up here seen lower than my scores get picked up for an NFO spot??? I have put together the best possible application that I can, but its still easy on the mind knowing that people have been picked up with similar scores...
If it helps you any, in the "Applying to the March 13 Board", someone with very similar scores as you was not picked up with a board that was said to have 100% selection before he posted.. Look at post #541, Page 22 on that thread for the info.

BleedGreen

pilot

Since your packet is already in you still have a chance but why not prepare for the worst? Try to study your tail off now until you feel better prepared for the ASTB and that way you will be ready to retake in the event of not being selected.
Just my .02cents