• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot/ NFO "Rolling" Boards MAR/APR 2013

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
I
Here's a quick summary of ASTB Scores on this thread for quick reference

GISpirate12 45 6/ 5/ 5
MurphyM11 59 7/ 7/ 7
John Gil 56 7/ 7/ 7
BleedGreen 59 7/ 8/ 7
Vandyman 65 7/ 7/ 7
delta215 49 5/ 6/ 5
Z0gsxr 65 7/ 7/ 7
alaurin 60 7/ 6/ 6
WMU_Pilot_52 56 6/ 7/ 6
Mr Spenz 61 7/ 7/ 6
Evan Pappas 58 7/ 7/ 7
VFRonly 47 5/ 6/ 5
Jrr12 53 6/ 7/ 6
I would honestly have to say these scores are fairly similar in a sense.

MurphyM11

15 September 2013 OCS - SNA
The bigger question will be how many people out there are applying, but are not participating on this forum? There are roughly 20 of us, but that is no indication of whether there are 15 or 80 additional applicants outside of those of us here on AW. On an upside, we all seem to have some decent scores and if they have a similar selection rate as the March board we should have a good chance! Good luck to everyone. I hope we all get to post our success come Monday or Tuesday next week!

(assuming this isn't a late April Fool's joke)

exNavyOffRec

The bigger question will be how many people out there are applying are not participating on this forum? There are roughly 20 of us, but that is no indication of whether there are 15 or 80 additional applicants outside of those of us here on AW. On an upside, we all seem to have some decent scores and if they have a similar selection rate as the March board we should have a good chance! Good luck to everyone. I hope we all get to post our success come Monday or Tuesday next week!

(assuming this isn't a late April Fool's joke)

To give you an idea, of all the people that I had SUBMIT applications, only about 1 in 10 knew about this board.

PrudasJiest

Haze Gray
Just a guess here, if your application was theoretically "good to go" but hasn't been submitted yet, even if it were to be submitted tomorrow it still wouldn't make Thursday's board correct?

Z0gsxr

Oh jeez! A board may be meeting on Thursday!?! I wonder how quickly news would come down on selections. Any ideas on that NavyOffRec? It seems like this is a pretty competitive group of applicants that are posting here. I think there could be some good news posted here soon.... This has to be the most painfully suspenseful feeling since Christmas time as little boy waiting on a Nintendo 64!

exNavyOffRec

It's tough saying...I know packets have to be reviewed on various levels before They're "board ready'. First at the local recruiting level, then headquarters, and then off to CNRC. I am not sure how long it takes at each level but my recruiter made it sound like I still have a chance at this month's board. I am not going to hold my breath but I can say he did sound pretty confident about it.

The NRD processor reviews it, then sends the APSR to the OACR/OPS for his comments and signature, then back to NRD processor for scanning and uploading, then NRC processor reviews it, then it goes to Program Manager for review who then sends it "to board" often "to board" means scanned and placed on CD for the members.

MurphyM11

15 September 2013 OCS - SNA
Oh jeez! A board may be meeting on Thursday!?! I wonder how quickly news would come down on selections. Any ideas on that NavyOffRec? It seems like this is a pretty competitive group of applicants that are posting here. I think there could be some good news posted here soon.... This has to be the most painfully suspenseful feeling since Christmas time as little boy waiting on a Nintendo 64!

If I remember correctly the results from the March board were released the beginning of the week following the board. Though I have no idea if that was a one time situation or how results are normally distributed.

paddybh1583

OCS 6 OCT 2013
Hey all... I was pro-rec'd back in the December board but had to have my package go back to this board for some issues that came up. I was also told I will know something this week for sure.

December board was held 12/03/12 and I found out on 12/13/12. The March board heard results much sooner.

RiseR 25

First of all, thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of the attack in Boston today.

On the subject, does any one possibly know if these boards are continuing until SNAs/NFOs needs are filled until the end of the fiscal year? Or on a more speculative stance is this a long term move to get more SNAs/NFOs into the pipeline? I suppose my guess is as good as anyone's at this point.

AirGuy

Hello, my package for the upcoming boards has been submitted as of early March. I scored a 7/7/7 58 on the ASTB and I am applying for SNA. My gpa is 3.16 in Optical Sciences and Engineering and I am set to graduate this May. I am applying from Tucson which is based from NRD Phoenix. Best of luck to all applicants and hopefully we hear some positive information about these rolling boards soon.
Dudeee . . . your so lucky. This awesome Naval Officer Recruiter is in NRD Phoenix. Go there and ask for "NavyOffRec."

Let me know how the conversation goes with them.

AirGuy

First of all, thoughts and prayers go out to the victims of the attack in Boston today.

On the subject, does any one possibly know if these boards are continuing until SNAs/NFOs needs are filled until the end of the fiscal year? Or on a more speculative stance is this a long term move to get more SNAs/NFOs into the pipeline? I suppose my guess is as good as anyone's at this point.
If they wanted more people in the pipeline, then the size of the air wings would be increased too right?

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS

That's what I asked earlier, but I have not managed to get an answer. Its going to BLOW if they're only choosing those remaining 3 for the NFO designator for the FY-13 classes...as I've heard they're only looking for to fill those classes. Hopefully, it will be the start of FY-14.

RiseR 25

The NRD processor reviews it, then sends the APSR to the OACR/OPS for his comments and signature, then back to NRD processor for scanning and uploading, then NRC processor reviews it, then it goes to Program Manager for review who then sends it "to board" often "to board" means scanned and placed on CD for the members.

I'm guessing that includes "Height and weight" check in the box must also be in specs...?