• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot/ NFO "Rolling" Boards MAR/APR 2013

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
I spoke with my OR just a few moments ago. I was told (for the 2nd time in the past 3 weeks) that the board date is still set for July but the board may convene prior to this date. This would occur in order to fill the remaining needs for the 2013 FY. Stay strong during the waiting period, ladies and gents.

-Marpat

So can someone help me out with this question please? I keep hearing that the quota to fill the remaining FY13 slots for NFOs is only a mere (3) applicants. Does this mean, that there will only be three slots filled with the NFO designator, first choice for OCS selection? Or will they carry over into FY14?? Just curious, and thanks well in advance!!

VFRonly

Pro-Rec SNFO May, 3rd 2013
Here is a brand new post on the Texas Navy website that contains some great gouge for all of us waiting:

"I haven’t spent a whole lot of time updating the site recently. I am still trying to get word on any soon-to-be Pilot/NFO boards. The next one on the schedule is for Jul ’13. That said, I have some pretty strong indications that CNRC will have another board prior to the above mentioned. Hopefully this information will be out sooner rather than later. As soon as I get anything, I will post it here. Hope all is well out there for those of you hoping to get selected.

As a side bar, recently CNRC came out to the districts and asked for any and all applicants who were interested in SWO-Oceano option to get kits up asap. They originally asked that anyone who applied to the IDC community and was not selected for Intel, to resubmit their packages to be reviewed as a SWO-Oceano option.

For those who don’t know what a SWO-Oceano option, you can click on the “Program Authorizations” menu tab and look at what that entails. Basically you are a SWO with an option to switch over to METOC/Oceanography after your initial 2 sea tours. If you are interested, you need to contact your recruiter soonest." By Michael at (http://recruitingcommand.com/texasnavy/)

exNavyOffRec

Talked to my recruiter today. My package is at NRD Dallas withing to be pro-boarded. He stated that we (as in all of us) will only know when a "rolling board" has convened when the results have been released. That sure throws a lot of uncertianty into the whole equation. Has it worked like this in the past?

Before some of the winged aviators mention this to you, it might be better to change your picture, people may think you are an actual winged aviator.

exNavyOffRec

Here is a brand new post on the Texas Navy website that contains some great gouge for all of us waiting:

"I haven’t spent a whole lot of time updating the site recently. I am still trying to get word on any soon-to-be Pilot/NFO boards. The next one on the schedule is for Jul ’13. That said, I have some pretty strong indications that CNRC will have another board prior to the above mentioned. Hopefully this information will be out sooner rather than later. As soon as I get anything, I will post it here. Hope all is well out there for those of you hoping to get selected.

As a side bar, recently CNRC came out to the districts and asked for any and all applicants who were interested in SWO-Oceano option to get kits up asap. They originally asked that anyone who applied to the IDC community and was not selected for Intel, to resubmit their packages to be reviewed as a SWO-Oceano option.

For those who don’t know what a SWO-Oceano option, you can click on the “Program Authorizations” menu tab and look at what that entails. Basically you are a SWO with an option to switch over to METOC/Oceanography after your initial 2 sea tours. If you are interested, you need to contact your recruiter soonest." By Michael at (http://recruitingcommand.com/texasnavy/)

Sounds like they had a few drop, FYI this board looks for people with a degree or background in this field, and they don't switch after 2 sea tours, it is after 1 sea tour, specifically after they receive their pin.

VFRonly

All of my stuff is together including the conditional release which is good until October 2013 now! My processor said she is submitting my stuff today and will let me know when it makes it to the board. Also in my processor's e-mail this morning she mentioned that my app needed to go out by close of business today so this hints at the possibility that NRC could want apps in as soon as possible for a board.

BleedGreen

pilot
All of my stuff is together including the conditional release which is good until October 2013 now! My processor said she is submitting my stuff today and will let me know when it makes it to the board. Also in my processor's e-mail this morning she mentioned that my app needed to go out by close of business today so this hints at the possibility that NRC could want apps in as soon as possible for a board.
Glad to hear your conditional release came back!

lpelkn_26

Hello, my package for the upcoming boards has been submitted as of early March. I scored a 7/7/7 58 on the ASTB and I am applying for SNA. My gpa is 3.16 in Optical Sciences and Engineering and I am set to graduate this May. I am applying from Tucson which is based from NRD Phoenix. Best of luck to all applicants and hopefully we hear some positive information about these rolling boards soon.

BleedGreen

pilot
I just got off the phone with my recruiter and he said that a "new board just popped up" this week and he's doing his best to get my packet sent off this week. He said its not one of the official scheduled boards, but CNRC potentially carrying out one of their rolling boards.
fingers crossed!!

mspillar

I just got off the phone with my recruiter and he said that a "new board just popped up" this week and he's doing his best to get my packet sent off this week. He said its not one of the official scheduled boards, but CNRC potentially carrying out one of their rolling boards.
fingers crossed!!

Mine should going in today or tomorrow, will ours make it in for this if it is happening or are we too late?

Z0gsxr

fingers crossed!!
This is the best news yet! Probably the strongest nod toward the possibility of "rolling boards."

BleedGreen

pilot
Mine should going in today or tomorrow, will ours make it in for this if it is happening or are we too late?
It's tough saying...I know packets have to be reviewed on various levels before They're "board ready'. First at the local recruiting level, then headquarters, and then off to CNRC. I am not sure how long it takes at each level but my recruiter made it sound like I still have a chance at this month's board. I am not going to hold my breath but I can say he did sound pretty confident about it.

VFRonly

Just spoke to my OR, and I am not trying to stir the pot but she said that a board is "SUPPOSED" to happen this Thursday! :D Good luck to everyone!