• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Pilot/ NFO "Rolling" Boards MAR/APR 2013

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
THREE NFOs???? Wow, then there's definitely going to be some stiff competition this boards, and won't be 100% if that's the case. I was shooting for NFO myself as my top designator. I find that statement from NRD Houston hard to believe about 100% selection if they're only choosing three. Whew.

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
But July board is for FY14. My OR said there is a need for pilots and he thinks the selection rate will be around the same. March board only selected 100% of the considered applicants not all of them.

VFRonly

Pro-Rec SNFO May, 3rd 2013
Thanks. It would be nice to get the clear. I am just wondering if they haven't had a rolling board because not enough applicants. I know they still have a qoute to fill for FY13 of 52 pilots and 3 NFO's.

I agree with your thought that they may not have enough applications to review in order to justify having a board yet.

Evan Pappas

58 7/7/7
3.4 gpa

My recruiter is trying to get my application out the door within a week. Just hoping it will be in if they do actually decide to have a board soon...

John Gil

I thought the purpose of a rolling board was so the held boards regardless as packages came in reducing the time.

mspillar

My package should be going in this week. Still waiting on MEPS. Maybe they're holding off on having a board until they have a better idea of available seats and start dates for OCS? I think my recruiter said they were still trying to schedule selects from the last board for OCS start dates. It's really all just speculation at this point, we find out when we find out. Best of luck to everyone applying!

Mr Spenz

pilot
My package should be going in this week. Still waiting on MEPS. Maybe they're holding off on having a board until they have a better idea of available seats and start dates for OCS? I think my recruiter said they were still trying to schedule selects from the last board for OCS start dates. It's really all just speculation at this point, we find out when we find out. Best of luck to everyone applying!
I believe they had start dates for the selected.

exNavyOffRec

I thought the purpose of a rolling board was so the held boards regardless as packages came in reducing the time.

Correct.

The do need a Captain to chair the board, and NRC only has a few, and they make regular trips and inspections throughout NRC, so sometimes it can take a few weeks.

Mr Spenz

pilot
Well it's nice to know all of our scores are similar can only hope for the best to all of us!

GISpirate12

FS SNFO OCS
Well it's nice to know all of our scores are similar can only hope for the best to all of us!

Man I WISH mine were similar to you guys lol. I'm literally at the bottom of the totem pole with regards to numbers when compared to everyone up for this. But hey, as I said before, if I don't make it, retesting is my only option. Good luck to you as well Spenz!

Maybe we'll hear something back this week?