• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Denied My Criminal Waiver for A Commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

fyr3wyr3

To give you the short answer to your question; your chances aren't good.

You have multiple criminal offenses, the Navy is already trying to shrink itself, and you're attitude isn't the best coming in. What I mean by "attitude" is, you're looking at what the Navy "should" do for you instead of the other way around. What can you offer the Navy? From what it looks like, there isn't a lot for them to jump up and down about right now. I think the best advice given on here was to "try" to enlist. In my opinon, that is the quickest way that you can "prove yourself" to the Navy and then apply for OCS. That would give you the best chance (still slim, but there).

You can quit with the minority thing too. That's a total cop-out. I know plenty of people who've done amazing things coming from the same place as you (minority, single parent, living among "all the white people"). That's no excuse. If you really wanted to be a Naval Aviator, you'd be darn thankful that your parents came to this country and bore you here in the land of the "oppressive white man" and aircraft that land on boats.

yes sir i TOTALLY agree with your last statement. Best thing that ever happened to me was being born on this soil. Also, everyone keeps saying im doing a "minority thing" I guess i was trying to just state that it made it harder for me to FIGURE MYSELF OUT than anything else I think people are thinking im trying to say. Sorry, I promise I really am not trying to do what a lot of minorities do. Thank you for your reply

Brunes

pilot
I usually steer clear of BS like this- But seriously-

You are looiking at joining a select branch of an all volunteer organization that is staffed by a significant number of folks who have wanted to be military aviators since they knew that airplane existed. You decided two or three years back that you had thrown away enough of your life and now you should have people bend over backwards and get political or a medical waiver to excuse your poor head work as a younger guy??? Get Real.

The armed services as a whole are raising standards across the board to make to easier to attrite/seperate folks, taking less recruits, and moving folks outta the upper levels all at the same time to reduce payrolls. Put your shady resume up against someone who has been working towards this since 5th grade and guess who is gunna get picked and who isn't??

I would say you can throw all your effort into this and maybe get your history waived....or you can move along to another "life goal"

PS- If you can't take the negative feedback here on the internet- You are gunna wanna steer of all Ready Rooms, Squadron Spaces, Naval Aircraft Cockpits, and Briefing Spaces.

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor
No i would never want to sue the military i would only use lawyers to try to get me in. How am I whining? I was answering questions. Im not one to normally state the "because im black/asian isnt it" approach.. also speaking of character.. if you didn't have anything positive to say.. why did you?

As I said...people like you piss me off. You think you deserve something in life. You think you can screw up and screw up and screw up and then one day decide you've been a fuck up and change and everyone will forgive you. Well that's not how it works...people pay attention to the trend your life has been.

And how were you going to use lawyers to get in??? A minority thing?? A hardlife thing?? What...what is the VALID excuse?

Treetop Flyer

pilot
PS- If you can't take the negative feedback here on the internet- You are gunna wanna steer of all Ready Rooms, Squadron Spaces, Naval Aircraft Cockpits, and Briefing Spaces.

In his defense, he seems to be taking criticism very well.

fyr3wyr3

I usually steer clear of BS like this- But seriously-

You are looiking at joining a select branch of an all volunteer organization that is staffed by a significant number of folks who have wanted to be military aviators since they knew that airplane existed. You decided two or three years back that you had thrown away enough of your life and now you should have people bend over backwards and get political or a medical waiver to excuse your poor head work as a younger guy??? Get Real.

The armed services as a whole are raising standards across the board to make to easier to attrite/seperate folks, taking less recruits, and moving folks outta the upper levels all at the same time to reduce payrolls. Put your shady resume up against someone who has been working towards this since 5th grade and guess who is gunna get picked and who isn't??

I would say you can throw all your effort into this and maybe get your history waived....or you can move along to another "life goal"

point taken in your PS , and i understand everything and thank you, but i have fully committed myself to this and must see it through. If you have any suggestions please let me know. thanks again

Brunes

pilot
No i would never want to sue the military i would only use lawyers to try to get me in. How am I whining? I was answering questions. Im not one to normally state the "because im black/asian isnt it" approach.. also speaking of character.. if you didn't have anything positive to say.. why did you?

In his defense, he seems to be taking criticism very well.

What part about calling someone's character into question is a "taking criticism very well??" And the fact that he KNEW he was gunna get flamed so he ended the OP with (roughly translated) "Don't Hate on me" and everyone who doesn't give him a pat on the butt gets some snarky comment...Kinda makes me wonder....ya know??

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Well I think he gets the point...the groundwork has been laid out. I don't think there really is anything else he can gain from this other than to keep taking the dogpile.

Just keep tracking..maybe it will work but it probably won't and be prepared for that. Find something that will make you equally happy. If you are dedicated to public service there are other options. In fairness you didn't kill anybody so there is hope for you. It just might not be in NAVAIR but that's okay. There are many people who have better track records than you who are not accepted to so don't take it personal. There are also guys who have done worse and got in, the difference is the timing was there for them.

Keep improving upon yourself and I sincerely believe if you legitimately are a good person, something down the line will work out for you. If your dream is to fly....you can also go the civilian route. There are always options.

I believe everything that can be said has been said. Good luck.

Also, if you're absolutely adamant about becoming a military aviator...shit why not throw a hail mary and look into the South Korean armed forces? You seem pretty in tune with your culture and that could be some crazy adventure worth looking into.

fyr3wyr3

What part about calling someone's character into question is a "taking criticism very well??" And the fact that he KNEW he was gunna get flamed so he ended the OP with (roughly translated) "Don't Hate on me" and everyone who doesn't give him a pat on the butt gets some snarky comment...Kinda makes me wonder....ya know??

your totally right. im sorry and thank you for pointing this out. it wont happen again

Treetop Flyer

pilot
I'm pretty sure he means that lawyers aren't going to get you in, and it looks really bad on you to attempt it.

fyr3wyr3

well thank you all for your replies and please continue to do so.. Im am sorry to those who gave me neg feedback in the way that i responded. I know what i am looking for and should not have responded to some of these. thanks all and im truly sorry if i offended anyone it was not my intention.

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
It's cool..everyone has a thick skin around here or I hope. Just take the good info you got and don't go burn anything down.......again.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
...growing up as a korean born american in a predominantly white society...
So you should get special dispensation for your pulling the race card?

No chance paddles....

Status
Not open for further replies.