• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Navy Denied My Criminal Waiver for A Commission

Status
Not open for further replies.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
To the OP: I feel for you -- 'Come to Jesus' moments are always good therapy and will serve you well in your future endeavors ... but how do your prior indiscretions serve you as a potential US NAVAL OFFICER?? They don't -- you aren't gonna' make it -- the NAVY doesn't want or need you. I suggest you quit 'charging at windmills' (for those who don't have a clue as to what I'm referring to -- look it up) and try another line of work.

You should have thought about the error of your ways and their potential downside a long, long time ago ... and you should have not crossed the line.

The only question NOW is: how long am I or other MOD-SQUAD members gonna' leave this pathetic thread open???

There's nothing more to say ...

Disclaimer: I have no direct knowledge of selection process, just what I've gleaned from multiple failed applications and finally a successful one.

Word came down yesterday here at School's Command (read: beginning of flight school) that we are so overstaffed big Navy is willing to let people out of their commitments by simply quiting. That is, the Navy doesn't care that it paid 100k for some dude/gal's college education, they can go home no questions asked because we have wayyy too many people. That doesn't sound to me like an orginization that would entertain anything but top notch applicants. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but I cannot imagine you have any chance at all at this time.

I'm not flaming you, I had an incident in my past that would definately keep me out if I applied now so I KIND of feel for you. But truth be told it probably won't happen anytime soon, especially with 7 offenses.

BUT, as in everything military, it's all cyclical. Demand might be through the roof for pilots by this time next year (probably not, but it's possible). Keep your head up but definately actively pursue other career paths in the meantime. Good luck.

RadicalDude

Social Justice Warlord
Now, this is the story all about how
My life got flipped-turned upside down
And I'd like to take a minute
Just sit right there
I'll tell you how I became the prince of a forum called AW.

In an all-white town born and raised
At the target was where I spent most of my days
Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And learning MMA to get back into school
When a couple of guys
Who were up to no good
Startin making trouble in my neighborhood
I burned one little shopping cart and the Navy got scared,
They said 'You came to the wrong place to get a waiver'

I begged and pleaded with them day after day
But they shredded my application and sent me on my way
I did some research and found out I think their standards are unfair.
I pulled up my browser and said, 'I might as well spam Air Warriors.'

First post, yo this is bad
getting flamed on by warface and pitied by OUSOONER.
Is this what the posters on AW are like?
Hmmmmm this might turn into a mudfight.

But wait, my fiance's friends are attorneys and all that
Is this the the rejected bin where the Navy should send this cool cat?
I don't think so
I'll see when I get there
I hope Bevo's prepared for the prince of AW

Well uh, my posts flopped and I started to pout
There was a dude with wings under his name calling me out
I ain't trying to get banned yet.
I just got here!
I sprang with the quickness, like lightning defended

I whistled for some help when S.O.B.came near
he suggested I be an e-dawg and try again some other year
If anything I can say I should've stopped there
But I thought 'Man forget it' - 'I'll tell him about my lawyers'

A4s pulled up to the thread about seven or eight
And yelled to this noobie 'Yo homes smell ya later'
I looked to my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of AW

:icon_smil:icon_smil:icon_smil:icon_smil:icon_smil:icon_smil:icon_smil:icon_smil:icon_smil

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
This thread is kind of funny; reminds me of that accomplished individual looking to go SPECOPS asking to about "creative ways" to get into OCS in their "old-age", which read to me like "beat the system." Is it just this economy, or is "who you know" always the first thing on people's minds?

I am and have been fully aware and understand all my competition to do what i want to do, but that's not the point here in pursuing what i am now even though it is a large factor. I have FULLY committed myself to this venture, and if I CANNOT become one I need to know when Im on my death bed on day.. i can say to myself THERE WAS NOTHING ELSE I COULD HAVE DONE.. if not I have failed yet again...

If you've said one thing right, I suppose it would be this. I would keep a Plan B in mind at least.

But seriously, how does the accutane come into play?

jl08

pilot
If you really wanted to be a Naval Aviator you would take everyone's advice who suggested you try to enlist first! If you are prior enlisted the Navy will waive the age requirements to either 30 or 31 (not really sure but you can search and find out exactly). 24+4(typical enlisted contract) < 30

If you feel strongly that you can "prove" to everyone that you are capable of being an officer than what better way than in the military. If you were really willing to do anything to have a chance at OCS then you wouldn't be making excuses on the internet, you would be on a plane to Great Lakes.

fyr3wyr3

If you really wanted to be a Naval Aviator you would take everyone's advice who suggested you try to enlist first! If you are prior enlisted the Navy will waive the age requirements to either 30 or 31 (not really sure but you can search and find out exactly). 24+4(typical enlisted contract) < 30

If you feel strongly that you can "prove" to everyone that you are capable of being an officer than what better way than in the military. If you were really willing to do anything to have a chance at OCS then you wouldn't be making excuses on the internet, you would be on a plane to Great Lakes.

well enlisting is definitely an option. i hadn't thought about that until today. so thanks to all those who have suggested it. thanks for your support

Recovering LSO

Suck Less
pilot
Contributor
Dammit, AW. It happened again. I saw a train coming from the left and another from the right. I stood to the side and watched them collide. That wasn't enough - I'm still here watching the wreckage burn. I'll never get this time back. I suck.

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
If you take a turd and polish it, all you get is a polished turd. Our choices dictate what kind of life we lead, and considering you showed a consistent path of misconduct (not just one, maybe two, offenses), it's not surprising you got denied hard.

Deal with it, move on. Contribute to society in some other way, the military has standards for a reason.

That'd show everyone that you're more of a changed person than bitching and whining about it on some website.

*Wouldn't surprise me if you're a troll*

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor
1 Chart D 1- Major Misconduct - Arson (burned a plastic target shopping cart)
2 Chart C's 2- Misconducts - Marijuana possession and criminal mischief
4 Chart B's 4- Non traffic Violations - underage drinking, loitering, disorderly conduct and curfew violation

both chart C's, 2 of my chart B's, and my chart D offenses were when I was 15 and 16. The other 2 chart b's were when i was 17.

I could give you a pass on the loitering, curfew violation

The underage drinking is not good but is forgivable...

You were busted for smoking pot and arrested for arson; I guess we'll just look past the honor, courage and commitment thing.

I've Admin Sep'd guys for Pattern of Misconduct who have done less than this and now you're now looking for loopholes to try to get into the Navy???

I don't know you but I would not want you in my squadron or anywhere near my aircraft.

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
Would you guys please stop trying to talk him into enlisting? Am I the only one, despite the uniqueness he'd bring to the table (right), that doesn't think I'd want him in my division?

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Go find somewhere else to play...I don't want you in my Navy...
Is that clear enough or do I have to "elaborate" for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.