• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Naval Aviators Naval Flight Officers -- What Was Your Major?

East

东部
Contributor
I actually seriously did consider that in the early '80s after a tour in VP-30 @ NAS JAX with the USN.

Back in those days I would have lost my Dutch citizenship while in the meantime was not able to become a US citizen for 5(!) years.

I also researched civil career options but being technically skilled without a greencard/workpermit and very strong aviation maintenance unions in the CONUS it's almost impossible to get hired by the Airlines. Even when aviation was booming in the '90s. Even considered flipping burgers at In 'n' Out....

KnightNArmor

ASO
pilot
Technology Education - (high school shop teacher)

CH-46E
Currently a RAC learning to fly it....

NROTC
North Carolina State University! (GO PACK!)

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I did the popular, yet unpublished Aerospace Engineering to BA in History route with some stops in Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science along the way. One of the few History majors with a minor in Math as a result. :)

2.8 final GPA.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
I got you all beat....Yeah, that's right boys, I majored in Theatre...Now I'm controlling your airstrikes...Afraid? Don't be. Yeah, I'm in the E-2C. It rocks. Never took a day of calc or physics my entire time in college. I spent my time trying to get with the ladies who wanted to "experiment"...I miss college.

holloway

I'm just a flight contract going to USMC OCS in the fall, but I did a S.B. Math, S.B. Electrical Engineering, & S.M. Electrical Engineering. Currently a Ph.D. candidate in electrical engineering.

cdthe3rd

Sounds like a story?

Yeah there's a story...Started primary got up to Fam 6 when I found out that my dad was diagnosed with stage III lung cancer. My mom at the time was battling her own cancer as well (lymphoma). I decided to resign my commission to help them out. Took a reseve commission a few months later to help in getting back to flight school. Long story...short took me 2 years to navigate the red tape with a lot of no's along the way but I am heading to Whiting by way of API again. I was attached to a navcent det in the reserves out of MacDill AFB.

HighDimension

pilot
Contributor
Yeah there's a story...Started primary got up to Fam 6 when I found out that my dad was diagnosed with stage III lung cancer. My mom at the time was battling her own cancer as well (lymphoma). I decided to resign my commission to help them out. Took a reseve commission a few months later to help in getting back to flight school. Long story...short took me 2 years to navigate the red tape with a lot of no's along the way but I am heading to Whiting by way of API again. I was attached to a navcent det in the reserves out of MacDill AFB.

Holy crap. Stick around here and I think you have the right to destroy anyone that *****es about their lives. You're obviously amazingly dedicated to becoming a Naval Aviator. Good luck!

sbpilot

I go to college next year, and I am not great at math. Is the Navy really heavily moving towards engineering degrees for pilots? I honestly dont think I could maintain a 3.0 gpa in aero engineering, or anywhere near that.