• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

phrogpilot73

It was worth the wait...

113 days after CMP received my order, I received this:

DSCN0858.jpg

Near as I can tell, original wood, manufactured in 1954. Next up is cleaning off the cosmoline...

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Mmm . . . Cosmoline . . .

Nice looking rifle.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I guess they really mean it when they say 100-120 days to get a Garand. I only waited 3 weeks to get my Carbine. Unfortunately they appear to be backed up as hell on the ammo side.....all of it.

H60Gunner

Contributor
Nice rifle phrog!

Dammit you guys are killin' me, I just want to build one little AR. If anyone locates my patience, send it home.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Is it a CMP deal? I have my Garand. Carbine next.

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
Is it a CMP deal? I have my Garand. Carbine next.

CMP doesn't do M14 sales. Except for a few released a ways back, the government hasn't released its M14s for public sale. They were either demilitarized for drill rifles, destroyed, or are being returned to service.

Most of the ones that were released back in the day are select fire NFA firearms.

Pretty rifle.

MasterBates

My trigger is milled :D

Looks good. I'm about to get some carbine love, but I just dropped $1300 on guns in the last 2 days.

xj220

Will fly for food.
pilot
Contributor
Where did you pick up such a fine piece of equipment? After drilling with them at the Academy, I'd love to own one myself.

H60Gunner

Contributor
Despite my above post sounding like there are no more M14s to be had they are still avaiable. The civillian version is the M1A. I think some gunshops will still have some and Springfield Armory has a few versions to choose from.