• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My Latest Purchase (or just pictures of your current guns)

Ricky Bobby

Unless they've come out with a new one, the coupon for the free mags ended back in January...I got mine in at the last second. Great pistol though, I'm jealous!

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I was looking into getting an M&P today as well. The 2 free mag deal was REALLY enticing, but I ended up going back to Sig. The M&P's ergonomics are fantastic, but I liked the sweet SA trigger of the SP2022 more!

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
I don't know about recently, but while I was there bayonets were still used on the M14. I remember during plebe summer when a girl locked her knees during a friday parade, passed out, and sliced her face pretty good with it.

No, I said it got rid of "Fix Bayonets", which is a drill maneuver, not fixed bayonets. For the M-14 it went to fixed bayonets before you even started marching. Trying to do "Fix Bayonets" on the M-14 like it was done on the M-1 was too difficult/awkward looking, or at least that's what I was told.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, ne c'est pas?

My girlfriend is now a little pissed that my USAA loan didn't go towards a ring.

I think you got the priorities right, actually.

Why not tell her you have always been committed to full disclosure and that she can check your AW profile to see that you have been open and honest. In fact, you are a strict constitutionalist and hold sacred the right to bear arms and defend her person and possessions including the kick-ass ring that you intend to buy once you have adequate precautions in place (ie rifle to fend off any threat to removing it from her and your domicile). In fact, you're anxious to pick out the ring once you purchase his and her SIGs and she is trained to use hers.

Interests
running, outdoors*, girls**.

*includes firearms
**change to singular with some soppy adjective(s) like and the most fantastic partner anyone could wish for (see PSW for further instructions)

wingsB4rings

Four fans of freedom, all day long
None
Haven't drilled with the Garand at USNA since 2003. And yes, that's when they ended the fix bayonets sequence during parades as well.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Unless they've come out with a new one, the coupon for the free mags ended back in January...I got mine in at the last second. Great pistol though, I'm jealous!

Offer valid Feb. 27 - April 30, 2009

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I wish Sig would do a magazine deal....they are freakin' expensive! Methinks Sig has no trouble selling their products, though.

DangerousDan

I could tell you but I would have to kill you
Haven't drilled with the Garand at USNA since 2003. And yes, that's when they ended the fix bayonets sequence during parades as well.

What company? Compared to the grand that M14 was as lighter.

I have seen some of the Enhanced Battle Rifles here in Theatre.

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
There is only one brand that you can possibly be talking about when referencing "ponies" in a firearms forum...

colt_logo_s.jpg

Colt70l.jpg

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
There is only one brand that you can possibly be talking about when referencing "ponies" in a firearms forum...

colt_logo_s.jpg

A-Fuckin'-Men ... !!!! I was just gonna say something about "weeping for the future" ... but you did it just fine. There's only ONE kind of "pony" in my stables .... :D

H60Gunner

Contributor

I realize my egregious breech of etiquette, but here's how I tie it all together.

The M1911 was a Browning design, sold to Colt. The S&W M&P uses a Browning type of locking system, they are "cousins"!!. Does that work..??:watching3:D

HackerF15E

Retired Strike Pig Driver
None
I realize my egregious breech of etiquette, but here's how I tie it all together.

The M1911 was a Browning design, sold to Colt. The S&W M&P uses a Browning type of locking system, they are "cousins"!!. Does that work..??:watching3:D

Six degrees of John Moses Browning, heh heh.