• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

My husband is at OCS right now

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's a really great idea. I'm going to do that. THanks so much. I have written him and told him to write only when he can!! If he doesn't have time, then that's fine.. I would rather him get out in 12 weeks.. and not get a letter, than get a letter.. and have to wait 3 to 4 more weeks because he rolled. I have learned, and believe me, I feel horrible about writing him and asking why he hasn't written. We're both new at this though, and it's an adjustment. Thanks so much for the great suggestion!

All I've gotta say is stand by to stand by. If you're all broken up over this, a 6+ month long cruise is going to kill you. Best to start wrapping your head around that one soonest! ;)

Brett

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Put the kisses on the inside of the letter and no perfume...
I know you were just trying to mark your territory and all. ;)
He is going to be just fine though!

Jen

Wife of a Growler stud
It wasn't about marking my territory.. I just honestly didn't think it would be a big deal. I didn't realize it would cause any problems.. I just thought.. I'd kiss it.. he'd see it.. and think she sent me a kiss lol. I am learning lol.

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
Keep writing.

He will end up doing push-ups whether he gets mail or not and even if he does, they are worth it.

Just don't send him a hat that says "I'm the Man!!".

Actually that would be pretty funny.

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
It wasn't about marking my territory.. I just honestly didn't think it would be a big deal. I didn't realize it would cause any problems.. I just thought.. I'd kiss it.. he'd see it.. and think she sent me a kiss lol. I am learning lol.

Don't stess about the mail. I kind of liked getting mail like that. He's going to get thrashed anyway, so it might as well be for a good reason. He'll laugh about it later, and he'll know how much you love him and miss him. It's all in good fun.

I know this sucks for you right now, but later on you'll see it in a different perspective. Being apart makes you realize how much your family means to you, and you'll never take it for granted like so many people do in our country.

I just got back from a year in Japan without my wife and 3 girls. I appreciate them even more than I did before, and I didn't think that was possible.

Stay strong. This too shall pass.

EngineGirl

Sleepy Head
Don't sweat it. He is probably just doing a "few" extra push ups or other exercise that will in the long run make him stronger. When I got the "Sweet" letters I just had to "push" until all the mail was passed out and then I got to go read my letters... a little embarrasing when the DI calls you sweet but no big deal.

Unless they changed OCS some more he may get liberty sooner than 9 weeks.

Also try not to take it hard when you don't hear from him, in the beginning he will be very busy with not much time for letter writing.... soon he will get access to the computers and be able to email. I emailed a lot more than I sent letters. Just be supportive and try not to laugh at all the silly things he has to do...:)

Yeah, and don't send candy...or people will push while you eat your candy. Not that Sabre knows ANYTHING about this ;)

Sabre170

None
I had a new idea... send a sweat letter, sprayed with perfume, and a T-shirt with a Marine Corps emblem on it.... The DIs will love it and everyone else with think it is funny and feel sorry for him at the same time.

Just kidding.

Jen

Wife of a Growler stud
I tell all the people at work about my horrible .. laughable.. stories with this whole experience. They all think I'm pathetic.. and then tease me. They talk about how they're going to send him a huge pink envelope with hearts all over it and a teddy bear. I would die. Thank goodness they're only joking lol. Clay would be cursing them every minute of the day. :)

pdx

HSM Pilot
For Easter, my mom sent me a 15 lb box of candy, complete with jelly beans, chocolate bunnies, and green plastic grass.

I commissioned just fine, and I even got to eat some of it ... eventually ... sort of.

helo_wifey

My husband isn't in OCS but he's on his first cruise, and yes its different, but one thing I do is send a little extra of stuff for him to share with the single guys. All the guys know to go to him for baked goods and bags of candy.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My husband isn't in OCS but he's on his first cruise, and yes its different, but one thing I do is send a little extra of stuff for him to share with the single guys. All the guys know to go to him for baked goods and bags of candy.

That's what I'm talking about. :D

Brett

JIMMY

wow, u totally rock helo_wifey!

helo_wifey

Lol..Its true! I also have now begun picking a single pilot in the squadron to send a box to as well. Hey, single guys need fattening cookies too! And when you can send stuff MPS it makes it easy.

JZAB

Livin the MEU life
pilot
Hi..my husband is currently at Marine Corps OCS at Quantico. Not to downplay your situation, but while he was (he's still) there, I delivered our first child who is in the NICU and has been for the last week. Although our baby will pull through, he is pretty sick right now. At first, without the baby, it was hard to be away from my husband...especially for the last few weeks of my pregnancy. No doubt, it sucked going to my appointments alone and having to take care of household chores being 9 months pregnant. Now, with the baby, it is even HARDER....especially when I visit my little boy and his daddy isn't there. Its also difficult because my hormones are going crazy right now too...and I need his emotional support.

BUT...I'll tell you what I am doing to get by the next few weeks..(USMC OCS is only 10 weeks)...Everyday I write a to-do list for myself. This helps the day go by faster when I have written down tasks for the day and I can check them off as I go. Every night, I sit down at my computer and type out a letter (I seem to get more written that way than writing it by hand)..and I re-cap my day in the letter. I do write everyday though..and that is important. My husband told me that getting letters from home is the highlight of his day and it keeps him motivated. So keep those letters coming!!!!!

Don't worry about what you've done or what you haven't done. Just be supportive and not too hard on yourself. This is what it will be like to be a military wife...I don't know if they have a saying like this for the Navy..but they say being a wife is the "toughest job in the corps!" and thats the TRUTH! You need to be strong...for your husband and for the Navy. Deployments will be hard too..so this is a small taste of what it will be like. Make some good friends and stick to them like glue when your husband is gone...they are your saving grace, really. I hope this helps..keep your chin up..believe it or not, the time will go by, and it will go by fast. It seems like I just had my baby yesterday, but it has been a week today.....how time flies! Hang in there, sweety :)