• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

"Mother's Little [PRT] Helper?"

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Ditto. I wore them for the first time last week for the A-pool PRT and had never tried them on. Big mistake. I don't think the uniform people actually wear tested these monstrosities, because had they done so they would have realized that these shorts suck donkey balls.

Not ahhh trying to be gross here or get into anything I ought not to, but are they really uncomfortable for women too?

I'm glad we haven't transitioned yet based on what everyone here is saying about these uniforms... but they say it'll happen eventually... :( Apparently next year's plebes are getting the new working uniforms.
[/threadjack]

C420sailor

Former Rhino Bro
pilot
I haven't been to the Radford gym yet, but I've been to the API one and the Portside one. How does it compare? I've been pretty pleased so far, except for the fact that none have kettlebells for crossfit purposes, at least none that I've seen.

The Radford gym has three things going for it: it is open late (9pm on the weekdays), there are chicks to look at, and the dumbbells go up to 150lbs in 5lb increments. That's about it. The layout sucks, and the free weight area is WAY too small.

The API gym is great---a real iron gym. It's generally empty too so you don't have to deal with the muscle beach crowd at Radford. Downsides? Little scenery, the hours suck, and the DB's only go up to 125lbs.

Forget the KB's. Just use DB's. Just as effective, far more versatile, and they don't put a ton of stress on your wrists.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
The Radford gym has three things going for it: it is open late (9pm on the weekdays), there are chicks to look at, and the dumbbells go up to 150lbs in 5lb increments. That's about it. The layout sucks, and the free weight area is WAY too small.

The API gym is great---a real iron gym. It's generally empty too so you don't have to deal with the muscle beach crowd at Radford. Downsides? Little scenery, the hours suck, and the DB's only go up to 125lbs.

Forget the KB's. Just use DB's. Just as effective, far more versatile, and they don't put a ton of stress on your wrists.

Very true, but also very dangerous. I can't count how many times I'm on the treadmill or even at the squat rack or something, watching some random blonde bombshell's ass as she works the stairclimber for 30 minutes. Then she gets off, walks over to her DAD, the retired Master Chief/CO/XO/O-6! :eek:

Eyes snap back forward and carry on smartly with my next set of squats. DON'T fuck with the Master Chief's daughter (or any of the other guy's for that matter)....

If she walks in with an older man holding a coffee cup, be careful.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Not ahhh trying to be gross here or get into anything I ought not to, but are they really uncomfortable for women too?

I'm glad we haven't transitioned yet based on what everyone here is saying about these uniforms... but they say it'll happen eventually... :( Apparently next year's plebes are getting the new working uniforms.
[/threadjack]

I think the comfort issue transcends gender, though I can see how guys especially don't like the design. My main issue is that even the shorter length shorts are still obscenely long on me since I'm 5'3" and so the liner hugs my legs well down my thighs. The crotch also comes half way down my thigh as well. They're just awkward. I think the shorts were designed to please 18 year old SN Schmuckatelli who wants to look like a basketball star instead of actually work out in them.

NBVC88

those liners are definitely uncomfortable for us females as well, but i guess they do serve a purpose. :/
and ditto on all those comments about how terrible the new shorts are. i find that they really hinder running because they're so long and awkward. but i guess navy knows best