• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Most important flight tool?

EWU12

"That's a true fact"
pilot
Contributor
Still issued the 9G. An overly-anxious schmuck that uses the handle "EWU12" on airwarriors.com bought one for IFS. Never used it, now he has two. Whats a pub bag?

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
I guess the old E-6B [not electronic] computer is passe' and gone with the wind. But it did 'bout everything in its time.

I don't carry one, but since they are nerds, the NFOs in the back usually have one. If I'm ever hard up and bored as shit, I just ask them for it. I asked one why he still carried his, and his reply was "the lifties have always worked as long as I've had this in my bag. I'm keeping it."

Pags

N/A
pilot
I don't carry one, but since they are nerds, the NFOs in the back usually have one. If I'm ever hard up and bored as shit, I just ask them for it. I asked one why he still carried his, and his reply was "the lifties have always worked as long as I've had this in my bag. I'm keeping it."
It's also required by 3710.

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
It's also required by 3710.

And tobacco, in any form, is not permitted on board US Navy Aircraft. And everyone always gets a -1. And we file IFR to the max extent practicable, not practical. And I report my use of gatorade as a supplement. And no one drinks more than 3 cups of coffee a day. Did I miss anything?

CumminsPilot

VA...not so bad
pilot
And tobacco, in any form, is not permitted on board US Navy Aircraft. And everyone always gets a -1. And we file IFR to the max extent practicable, not practical. And I report my use of gatorade as a supplement. And no one drinks more than 3 cups of coffee a day. Did I miss anything?

Everyone had the required number of hours and approaches in the previous 6 and 12 months for their instrument card.

phrogpilot73

No one drinks Monster, Rip It, Red Bull, etc...

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor

No one ever exceeds three or four drinks per sitting, 1 per hour or 8 per week...

scoolbubba

pilot
Contributor
No one drinks Monster, Rip It, Red Bull, etc...

We got it on good authority this past deployment that Rip Its are authorized. They don't have the taurine/guanine in quantities that the monsters and red bulls come packed with, which is apparently why they are not authorized.

helolumpy

Apprentice School Principal
pilot
Contributor

And we don't smoke within 12 hours of flight planning or drink within 50 feet of the aircraft....

phrogpilot73

We got it on good authority this past deployment that Rip Its are authorized. They don't have the taurine/guanine in quantities that the monsters and red bulls come packed with, which is apparently why they are not authorized.
Just got done with my FINAL dunker/physiology... We went over this, and taurine/guarine are what make Red Bull/Monster prohibited. Not the drink themselves. So yes, Rip Its are also not authorized (we asked about everything out there - Rip Its, Red Bull, Monster, 5 Hour Energy, etc...).

Glider3

None
I agree with the pub bag. It was very handy in flight school, a little pricey tho. Altho now that I have all the room in the world in the Rhino, I just use a helmet bag (plus it's SOP...).

Altho, if I had to make a list of useful flight school tools, I'd say pens & alcohol. Seemed to be what I used the most.

Renegade One

None
I'd say pens & alcohol. Seemed to be what I used the most.
Never underestimate the value of a personally engraved pewter "hip flask"...just like you've probably seen in every war movie ever made. Not much use in the aircraft cockpit, of course, but perhaps a better gift or personal memento than a pen or a Leatherman or a flight bag. Maybe better on "winging day"?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Original forgot to mention that we always wear gloves, sleeves down, with O2 mask on from takeoff to land (tacair at least).......never seen anyone not do those things....:)

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Midn...Does the Hornet/Rhino have det cord on the canopy like the clown jet or does it rely on the seat horns to punch through? I just ask because I was never a stickler for gloves, but sitting there with my face inches away from it, I've started to think it may not be a terrible idea to wear them...:D